Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Food item: Chewing Gum?
I was 1st gonna make this a silly suggestion, but now thinking of it.. I think we can "expand" this idea.

INTRODUCING NEW FOOD ITEM: GUM!

Aka chewing gum or bubble gum.

Effects: Depending on the flavor, plain just does nothing and gives you a fresh breath to "OH GOD WHO PUT 20u OF UNSTABLE MUTAGEN AS A FLAVOR?!"

So let me explain...

We all know how gum is made right? It's just a rubbery goo mixed with some syrups and stuff.
Well in the GOON WORLD of SPAAACEEE.. we can do better.

I see gum being used in several ways to make interactions more... of everything.

So what kind of interactions do you have with it?
Well you take a stick of gum and you eat it, but that will spawn "Used gum" in your hand. Used gum will stick to anything after you drop it or toss it.
Causing dismay to Janitors now having to scrape or chemicaly remove the gum. Or if some poor sap steps in it... and might get their foot stuck depending on stickiness.
But.. what if.. You try to eat it again?
Well there is a 60% chance you will swallow it and start choking.. now medbay has to surgically remove it or make you drink acid to remove it or else you will choke to death! But if not.. congrats you ate the gum, doing damage to your guts and stomach but recycling the effect and having NO MORE GUM TO DISCARD!

So that's the basics of it. Now to the advanced stuff.
Well chefs and anyone can make gum with the right ingridents. But... how do you add flavor to it? Well..
It's not like injecting the gumball or gum with a chemical will do..
Insted when you have the gum goop (wich you need to handle with care unless you want to gum your hand together and have medbay surgically remove it) and just add the flavor chemicals to it.. or goon logic.. I want to make taco flavored gumballs... Just add taco to the goop and then process it to gumballs and tadah you got taco flavored gumballs.

But here's why the gumballs will be interresting. "You don't know what flavor it is unless it's marked"
Every gumball made without coloring will be a yellowish brown... but add a coloring dye (Or just paint, cause we aint inventing coloring dye.. paint will do fine).
Or maybe add some sort of fruit to add coloring.. and tadah.. now it has a color. But flavor unknown.

I orginally wanted to suggest just "gumballs" and if you eat em you choke, but atleast you are REFRESHED! Cause people are too dumb to use gum.
But.. now.. I figured to expand it to make it a fun new food item that can be made.
Maybe even be made with just a chem dispenser? Who knows..

Heck we can even make traitor chewing gums that give buffs and when tossed will be a sticky trap a sec officer could get stuck in for a 4 seconds. But who knows eh?
I like this purely because the aesthetic of a delinquent staff assistant spitting gum on the floor in front of security is amazing.
given the nature of irl gum, gum should probably act like a patch, transfering its buffs and reagents over time at a fixed rate based on the amount of reagents. and you spit it out when you use a custom *spit emote or something, just an idea. plus being able to poison people with gum seems so fun
I just want gum so I can finally say I’m chewing bubblegum and kicking ass
(03-09-2022, 12:09 PM)Mr_Kirb Wrote: given the nature of irl gum, gum should probably act like a patch, transfering its buffs and reagents over time at a fixed rate based on the amount of reagents. and you spit it out when you use a custom *spit emote or something, just an idea. plus being able to poison people with gum seems so fun

I like this idea, but if you keep it in your mouth too long, you might start choking. A fun idea!
Even better is the spriting possibilities for parody gums in the snack machine. Big Crimson Tiger Stripes and Wintersplash come to mind

Another fun pair thoughts is clown fumble while chewing causes you to swallow the gum and begin to choke and Geoff Honkington sells prechewed gum because reasons.
Traitor item idea

Gum bomb
(03-10-2022, 08:56 AM)DioChasek Wrote: Even better is the spriting possibilities for parody gums in the snack machine. Big Crimson Tiger Stripes and Wintersplash come to mind

Another fun pair thoughts is clown fumble while chewing causes you to swallow the gum and begin to choke and Geoff Honkington sells prechewed gum because reasons.

Parody gums were on my list of ideas. I think it should replace the "Floor Pills" that are in the clown hole then.
And Geoff selling prechewed gum yea!

I was also thinking of allowing BUBBLE GUM blowing, but I figured I didn't want to give the devs too much to work with.

As for the gum bomb idea. How would that work? I don't mind it... but what would it do?
Just a quick idea on gum bomb have it kind of work like a foam metal grenade to simulate the sticky portion and then do an additional effect possibly like a random disease reagent or if we are feeling a bit more vanilla tox damage because ew that much sticky gum is gross.
(03-10-2022, 11:20 AM)DioChasek Wrote: Just a quick idea on gum bomb have it kind of work like a foam metal grenade to simulate the sticky portion and then do an additional effect possibly like a random disease reagent or if we are feeling a bit more vanilla tox damage because ew that much sticky gum is gross.

Or you get "Gum" in your hair, making it the color of colored gum in your hair and then... you gotta get your hair cut or get a chemical to get it out of your hair :P
(03-10-2022, 11:23 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 11:20 AM)DioChasek Wrote: Just a quick idea on gum bomb have it kind of work like a foam metal grenade to simulate the sticky portion and then do an additional effect possibly like a random disease reagent or if we are feeling a bit more vanilla tox damage because ew that much sticky gum is gross.

Or you get "Gum" in your hair, making it the color of colored gum in your hair and then... you gotta get your hair cut or get a chemical to get it out of your hair :P
Also a valid idea if we wanted another silly traitor bomb like the hotdog grenade and if you put on a hat or mask afterwards it acts like glue or even more fun binds the item like the ???? mask unless you remove the gum first.
(03-10-2022, 10:40 AM)Kotlol Wrote: As for the gum bomb idea. How would that work? I don't mind it... but what would it do?

I would assume the explosion would be about the size of a micro bomb set to a timer.
(03-10-2022, 11:29 AM)DioChasek Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 11:23 AM)Kotlol Wrote:

Also a valid idea if we wanted another silly traitor bomb like the hotdog grenade and if you put on a hat or mask afterwards it acts like glue or even more fun binds the item like the ???? mask unless you remove the gum first.

We can make it silly or possible deadly... or both :P