Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
i do not think the cryoxadone change is good, or needed
Other servers, particularly CM, have very very complicated medical systems. This results in a situation where there's almost never enough doctors to go around because the learning curve is too great and people decide they just want to play as something else.

One of the main features about Goon that draws people in is the "easy to learn but hard to master" aspect. Cryo pods are a part of that. A crutch that a new, still-learning doctor can use so that they don't have to worry too much about dying patients in time-critical situations, they can make use of the pods while they learn about styptic, silver sulf, calomel, charcoal, p-iodide, mannitol, mutadone, salbutamol, etc; learning what they are and what they do and when to use them is quite the task!

Sure, the pods can be quite OP. People can be brought from the brink of death by shoving them into a pod and occasionally giving them meds with minimal attention required. You can treat several different people at the same time you're trying to bring back a dying person all the way to full health by making use of the cryo pods. I get that - it's overpowered. But it's not broken.

Adding a layer of complexity to a game mechanic that new players can use as a crutch until they get a good grasp of the medical system is not good.

Bottom line is: i don't mind the pill thing. I've never really even used them, to be honest. But i think that we should leave the pods alone. Messing with them is harmful to the game.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i do not think the cryoxadone change is good, or needed - by stuck_in_void_HELP - 03-08-2022, 07:43 AM