Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
i do not think the cryoxadone change is good, or needed
(03-07-2022, 07:19 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: cryox has already gotten nerfed repeatedly w/r/t requiring active cooling (because it heats you up as it heals
Since cryox no longer runs on a boolean heal/noheal threshold, the active heating was already removed as part of the update

(03-07-2022, 07:19 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: i gave a target dummy about 2000 of each non-oxy type of damage and put it in a cryo tube. i got lucky and it started healing about 15-20 hp/processing tick at best, which was about 3 tox and the rest being a mixture of brute/burn. letting it get healed by medibots or putting it in a sleeper healed about 13/tick depending on rolls from charcoal and saline.
Shocking. A cryoxadone change that makes it heal different damage types based on temperature makes cryoxadone no longer a cure-all-at-once.

(03-07-2022, 07:19 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: - cryox is now absolutely worthless in pill form
Good.

(03-07-2022, 07:19 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: - the default cryo setup that everyone has known for half a decade now results in zero benefit to patients with no obvious reason why
Ok so it needs new documentation, we can do that

(03-07-2022, 07:19 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: - even if you do play with the gimmick, body temperature jitters and changes so frequently that you're just throwing darts blindly; accurate targeting of damage isn't possible
After staring at 5 minutes or so of debug outputs at fastest life interval, temperature was typically fluctuating by +- 2 degrees at the coldest peak value, (i.e.: highest thermoregulation) giving me efficacy > 95%, and at worst about a 5 degree fluctuation (still ~90% efficacy)
with longer life intervals (highpop), there was less fluctuation still

(03-07-2022, 07:19 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: nobody understands how this works and even when you do it still doesn't make sense and doesn't add anything fun
Again, can add documentation, and people can learn it just like any other game mechanic (also since when was "making sense" a metric we use but whatever).
And finally, fun is subjective. I think that this version of cryo is more fun than a "get people chilly and then it's omnizine but six times better" chem that would simply trivialize any and all damage whenever used

Messages In This Thread
RE: i do not think the cryoxadone change is good, or needed - by Tarmunora - 03-07-2022, 08:37 PM