Complaint Xkeeper, Goon 2, 2022-03-04
Admin: Xkeeper

Server: Goon 2
Date + time: 2022-03-05 around 01:30 UTC (that's 2022-03-04 17:30 US Pacific time)
Synopsis: I tried to file an ahelp request, in good faith, but Xkeeper gave disrespectful responses like "rip". I consider that really unprofessional. If I responded like that when doing volunteer work in person, I'd probably get a strongly worded warning from the boss.
Logs: I don't have access to this.
Extra information: Xkeeper's apathy towards my request disregards the commonly stated policy that admins do look into every request.
Reviewing the logs here

- You mini rad bow'd a guy at point blank and then ran off.
- A few minutes later you tried it again, only this time he's ready for you and starts swinging his scalpel putting you into crit.
- You flee towards escape healing yourself with a brute mender, but you fail to evade detection and get killed by a mob.

so yea, it's unfortunate that you died, but that's part of the game. General common courtesy for antags early game is to brig them and just confiscate their gear, but 70 minutes in and multiple broad daylight attempted murders later it's more of a no holds barred type situation for the crew when dealing with an active threat
Hi there, thanks for the feedback.

Since you don't have access to the logs, I'm happy to share them.

You (Summer Carson) were a traitor on this round, and shot a geneticist (Will Soyer) in the face with a mini radbow.

[Image: unknown.png]

This went poorly for you, since your target was a geneticist who had enough time to unlock many abilities. By the time Sec showed up in the first place, you were already in crit.

The geneticist explained to both Sec and the other traitors nearby that you had used a radbow on them. This is an obvious traitor item. You have, at this point, been revealed to be a traitor.

Will Soyer, the geneticist you attacked, was the one who killed you. Both the Securitron and the security officer DEFENDED you until Will Soyer explained it to them, and then you were cuffed. But you died, because you picked a bad target for your traitor activities.

An appropriate response to this: rip.

But no, you decided to ahelp instead.

[Image: unknown.png?width=1003&height=136]

In this exchange, you:
  • Lied about what happened. Security officers did not kill you, the geneticist that you attacked killed you. The geneticist announced your antag status and the reasoning for it multiple times.
  • Argued about what is and is not "rules" with an admin. If an admin points at a list entitled "Rules" and says "these are the rules," those are the rules.
  • Attempted to threaten the admin regarding your behavior in future rounds.

At this point, you were not banned. Your ban came later, when you joined a round and immediately suicided as the AI:

(This screenshot has been altered, in that I removed personally identifying information such as your IP address.)

In my judgment, and in the judgment of the rest of the admin team who discussed your feedback, Zamujasa was at no point in the wrong. Responding to a traitor ahelping "security murdered me" with "rip" is ridiculously common, because as an antag on the Classic servers, it is security's job to deal with you. Most of these ahelps are just like yours: people who are salty because they picked a fight and lost. Your ahelp was investigated and discussed with you.

At this point, there is nothing further to discuss, so I will be closing this thread.