Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wizards Can't Target Critters
Hey Cog, just reminding you of our conversation.
Quote:00:47 Skunkrocker So apparently
00:47 Skunkrocker I'm told wizards can't target space bears
00:47 Skunkrocker ...why, exactly?
00:49 cogwerks hm
00:49 cogwerks targeted spells don't target critters i guess
00:50 cogwerks why??? whoever coded that stuff was lazy
00:51 Skunkrocker Can it be added or is there an issue?
00:51 Skunkrocker Cause I was totally talking my way out of getting my beard shaved after killing three people if I could just kill the spacebears. Whoops, can't target them with fireballs :v
So yeah, a wizard's round can easily be ruined by random chance if the wizard just happens to run into anything more dangerous than other humans like yetis, wendigos, those new things, xenos, etc.
I could see this getting annoying with passive mobs. I'd totally drag around one just so a wizard couldn't auto target me
Klayboxx Wrote:I could see this getting annoying with passive mobs. I'd totally drag around one just so a wizard couldn't auto target me

How would this work? The wiz can still blast you.
Fireball

Who would you like to cast fireball on?
the space mouse
the space mouse
the cockroach
the cockroach
the cockroach
the cockroach
the cockroach
the cockroach
that fucking dude
Marquesas Wrote:Fireball

the space mouse
the space mouse
the cockroach
the cockroach
the cockroach
the cockroach
the cockroach
the cockroach
that fucking dude
Okay, I get it now. *scream

No thanks! Being able to fireball monkeys is bad enough! mad
Marquesas Wrote:Fireball

the space mouse
the space mouse
the cockroach
the cockroach
the cockroach
the cockroach
the cockroach
the cockroach
that fucking dude
Do not forget the not-really-used Right Click>Cast [spell]
But yeah, this would be evident. Like suggested in another thread, have a prefix before NPC's like, *BOT: Officer Beepsky, and people take priority over critters, so they're closer to the top? I dunno.
Don't allow it to target passive mobs, maybe be a little hard but I know it can be done.
How often does a wizard ever run into a wendigo or a yeti anyways? That's a bit too much of a fringe case to be considered round-ruining, when just getting shoved over can already be a death sentence.

Advice: run away
can monkeys please be removed or filtered in the targeting list though
This made the round where Lison made me ALF the Wizard and sent me to exterminate the cat plague on the station a lot less fun than it should have been

(as did the borg who sat in front of me for ages spamming a hootingium mix and was still doing it when I gave up, went for dinner, ate it and came back from dinner but yes)
How about that lightning bolt spell that was tested for a bit? That could hit critters, and would be a cool spell to pick
Cogwerks Wrote:How often does a wizard ever run into a wendigo or a yeti anyways? That's a bit too much of a fringe case to be considered round-ruining, when just getting shoved over can already be a death sentence.

Advice: run away

owning a wizard with one of my maneaters is among my top 10 ss13 moments.