Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Kitchen Liquid Dispenser in Donut 3's Kitchen is great.
Rainbow 
It's so great, that it should be added to as many maps' kitchens as possible. That's it. That's my suggestion. Kitchen liquid dispenser in every kitchen.  CAT DRUGS
y e s.
Yes please. Chef needs their infinite mustard for mustard-related reasons.
pretty sure admins said they didnt want it cus it makes botany semi obsolete
(03-08-2022, 05:53 PM)Cal Wrote: pretty sure admins said they didnt want it cus it makes botany semi obsolete

Ah, that's a shame. It feels like i'm being - very annoying - whenever i ask botany to please grow this laundry list of items i may or may not use.

Most of the time they're doing their own thing and it feels not very nice to bother them.

Still, the dispenser doesn't have things like synthmeat and produce. I'd still need tomatoes, apples, carrots, etc. From botany.
(03-09-2022, 05:32 AM)stuck_in_void_HELP Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 05:53 PM)Cal Wrote: pretty sure admins said they didnt want it cus it makes botany semi obsolete

Ah, that's a shame. It feels like i'm being - very annoying - whenever i ask botany to please grow this laundry list of items i may or may not use.

Most of the time they're doing their own thing and it feels not very nice to bother them.

Still, the dispenser doesn't have things like synthmeat and produce. I'd still need tomatoes, apples, carrots, etc. From botany.

How much botanists grow weed every shift?
How many botanists actually try to work with the kitchen?
How many botanists actually grow stuff for cargo?

It's kinda rare for Botany to grow things for players cause.. it takes time, so they rather order it or don't bother. You don't have 5 minutes to wait for Botany to grow those special tomato's with high potency... That would take half a shift.

I simply say this... nothing wrong with adding something like this so the chef's can PRACTICE COOKING with ingridents, but the liquid dispenser simply won't give the maximum amount of nurishment. While from botany will always be more nurishing.
All food from this dispenser will taste stale and will only do like 10% of what they need to do to feed. Thus forcing the chef to cook more. But if it's from Botany... suddenly 1 meal is enough.

Problem solved.
Does the kitchen dispenser actually reduce the reliance on botany?

Botany can't provide mustard, and gravy. A bunch of the other stuff in the dispenser is stuff you can already get from the bar.

The ketchup from the dispenser isn't in packets, so it can't be used to make pizzas and spaghetti, so it doesn't replace anything there. It obviously can't replace any solid foods. The kitchen dispenser just basically expands your options for frosting and soup bases, which, honestly botany does nothing to help you with.

The only thing it really provides that otherwise is botany-only is strawberry and chocolate milk. And realistically, botany will provide those one round in every two hundred, so meh.
The other thing that’s useful in the dispenser is mint.
(03-10-2022, 01:57 PM)Love Wrote: The only thing it really provides that otherwise is botany-only is strawberry and chocolate milk. And realistically, botany will provide those one round in every two hundred, so meh.

"Hey Botany, would you mind growing me some strawberries and beans for strawberry milk?"

All you have to do is ask.
(03-10-2022, 02:29 PM)DioChasek Wrote: The other thing that’s useful in the dispenser is mint.

This, very much so. Incredibly useful for the barman as well.
(03-10-2022, 08:26 PM)Cal Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 01:57 PM)Love Wrote: The only thing it really provides that otherwise is botany-only is strawberry and chocolate milk. And realistically, botany will provide those one round in every two hundred, so meh.

"Hey Botany, would you mind growing me some strawberries and beans for strawberry milk?"

All you have to do is ask.

Botany ignores you or there is not botanist or the only botanist is an antag and will ignore you to do antag things.
I know asking is a thing.. but there isn't a 100% reliable way of working with botany.

Reverse is also true where I wanted to have a certain type of food but the Chef was just ignoring it.
(03-10-2022, 08:26 PM)Cal Wrote: All you have to do is ask.

I have a 50% success rate getting botany to grow me plain wheat, nevermind some unholy mutant coffee bean/strawberry splice that two thirds of the botanists probably have no idea how to even start doing.

And maybe I'll finally get to make that frosting for the cake by minute 40.

Or, I'll just get some cherry juice or pomegranate juice or pink lemonade from the bar, as always.

Botany has not been relied on any more than it ever has been. And chefs get less cool things to play with.

The dispenser just makes things more fun. If overlap with botany is a problem, then... well, the problem liquids can just be removed. And the chef still gets more fun.
(03-11-2022, 11:24 PM)Love Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 08:26 PM)Cal Wrote: All you have to do is ask.

I have a 50% success rate getting botany to grow me plain wheat, nevermind some unholy mutant coffee bean/strawberry splice that two thirds of the botanists probably have no idea how to even start doing.

And maybe I'll finally get to make that frosting for the cake by minute 40.

Or, I'll just get some cherry juice or pomegranate juice or pink lemonade from the bar, as always.

Botany has not been relied on any more than it ever has been. And chefs get less cool things to play with.

The dispenser just makes things more fun. If overlap with botany is a problem, then... well, the problem liquids can just be removed. And the chef still gets more fun.

This. The liquid dispenser is a massive QoL upgrade on Donut 3. I shouldn't have to rely on Botany just so i can put cool frosting on my chocolate cake, nor should Botany have to put up with my incessant requests.

Adding the dispenser - the whole of it, not a nerfed version - is ideal because it also frees up the chef to make more sensible requests to botany, such as synthmeat and produce as i've previously mentioned.

The dispenser doesn't make botany [any more] obsolete [than it already is]. It just makes it less annoying to be a chef, and makes chefs less annoying too.
(03-12-2022, 10:21 AM)stuck_in_void_HELP Wrote: I shouldn't have to rely on Botany just so i can put cool frosting on my chocolate cake.
You don't have to. The bartender has a chemical dispenser, you can put radium and plasma on it if you so please.

(03-12-2022, 10:21 AM)stuck_in_void_HELP Wrote: nor should Botany have to put up with my incessant requests.

It's their job to take requests. Moreso on RP!

(03-12-2022, 10:21 AM)stuck_in_void_HELP Wrote: it also frees up the chef to make more sensible requests to botany, such as synthmeat and produce as i've previously mentioned.
The guys have like, 10 trays in there. You can ask for that many things if you want.
(03-12-2022, 10:39 AM)Cal Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 10:21 AM)stuck_in_void_HELP Wrote: I shouldn't have to rely on Botany just so i can put cool frosting on my chocolate cake.
You don't have to. The bartender has a chemical dispenser, you can put radium and plasma on it if you so please.

(03-12-2022, 10:21 AM)stuck_in_void_HELP Wrote: nor should Botany have to put up with my incessant requests.

It's their job to take requests. Moreso on RP!

(03-12-2022, 10:21 AM)stuck_in_void_HELP Wrote: it also frees up the chef to make more sensible requests to botany, such as synthmeat and produce as i've previously mentioned.
The guys have like, 10 trays in there. You can ask for that many things if you want.

The argument here seems to be "take stuff from bartender and ask botany".

The thing though, is i don't want plasma frosting. I want vanilla frosting. 

And i -need- synthmeat, different types of produce - vegetables, legumes, herbs, fruits, etc - and stuff from the rancher too, such as eggs and nuggets. I also need more milk so i can make cheese bombs since the kitchen starts with not enough milk.

At this point i have to ask botany to grow:
  • Synthmeat
  • Oranges
  • Apples
  • Tomatoes
  • Strawberries
  • Herbs (weed and/or tobacco)
  • Chilli
  • Wheat

And that's not to mention Chocolate, which i'm not even sure you can get through normal means. The chef salary doesn't allow for large quantities of happy elf and chocolate bars to be purchased from the vending machines at a reliable rate.

At this rate i'm asking Botany to use more than half of their trays just to satisfy my requests and i'm not even sure i'm gonna use everything i asked them to make. 

It's just so much easier on everyone to have the dispenser on the kitchen. It doesn't come close to making botany irrelevant, and it offers things botany can't make. Let me be able to request what is reasonable and get what isn't from a dispenser at my own leisure.