Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unknown Admin (Angriest IBM?), 11/19 1:10 AM
Admin name: Unknown, assumed to be Angriest IBM
Server: LLJK #2
Date/Time: 11/19/13, 1:10 AM EST
Synopsis: Apparently displayed usernames can be changed by admins. My BYOND Username is Skunkrocker, but was showing up in OOC as "NerdyWhiner"
Log: I forgot to get a log before I closed the window, however at one point AngriestIBM had asked in OOC if I was a "nerd". I jokingly responded with yes. A few minutes later my username was being displayed as such.
Extra Information: This apparently is stemming from the fact that I had a few complaints about some things. I'm probably going to be told off in this very thread. If anyone has a problem with me why can't they come talk to me rather than being immature? I think this is an action that isn't becoming of an administrator and frankly while I had thick enough skin to laugh about the "nerd" comments and me being a "whiner" that's fine, but this was crossing a line in my opinion. I'm not please. I didn't think this was funny. It was disrespectful. And I didn't appreciate it at all.
This is kind of a cultural thing. We all, players and admins alike, bust each other's balls constantly. The other side of it is that we don't really give a shit about 'mod sass' as long as it's not incredibly stupid or breaks the no creeps/bigots rule.
Skunkrocker Wrote:If anyone has a problem with me why can't they come talk to me rather than being immature?

This isn't strictly related to the admin in question, but I just want to respond to this.

In this particular round, admins spawned a bunch of Pods and Disruptor arrays for some fun Pod vs Pod (and later Pod vs Drone) battles. Upon seeing a Miner who's flying an Industrial pod in which they start with, you immediately exclaimed:

OOC: Skunkrocker: HOW IS IT FAIR THAT HE HAS INDUSTRIAL ARMOR AND WE DON'T?

And when they explained that they're a Miner who starts with those pods (and also the fact that the pod you are in: an X pod: is actually stronger than Industrial pods) you replied with:

OOC: Skunkrocker: YOU'RE A CHEATER THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE BITCH

This is the problem people have with you. You are very quick to anger, complain and hurl insults at people for either trivial things or things they simply didn't do. And this isn't the only incidence, you've done this multiple times; almost every round even.

If you don't want people to respond negatively to you or make fun of you, please think about how you treat other people first. Usually people won't be mean for no reason, very often it's because something you did that made people dislike you. Don't be so angry and quick to hurl complaints and insults, and people won't be mean.
Okay so you calling other people bitches is perfectly fine, but someone calling you a nerd is terrible because _____________________?
Look video game shit talking and ball busting is all fine and great and that's why I let the shit usually go, but this was the admins using abilities beyond the player base for abuse. I didn't think that was cool. Now, what I did was just vg shit talking. His reasoning was sound, he was a miner so he got the miner pod. Unbeknownst to me he was just the better player with a weaker, slower ship and just more robust. I responded with calling him a cheater and a bitch because he kicked my ass. And if the player I said that to wants an apology, shit I'd be more than willing to say I'm sorry. The last thing I want to do -ever- is make someone feel bad because of something stupid I said over the internet. This wasn't personal, and Cog explained like three seconds after that the miner pod was weaker and slower thus meaning I sucked. If you post the rest of the log (god I need to start saving those myself) isn't there a point where I stand corrected and drop the issue? And then this admin, whoever it was, made it into a personal issue. The point is this shit started in IRC, it was in the game, and now admins are changing my displayed name. So I called someone a bitch and a cheater over dumb shit once, not even really meaning it just fucking around. The calling me a "whiney nerd" shit was happening since I got home and lasted the rest of the night and culminated with that. And for me really the point comes down to was there abuse of admin privileges? Yes. Was it directly targeted at a player for harassment reasons? Yes. Well, doesn't matter what I did then.

Unless, according to the rules, I join the server as "Derpy Muffings Kawaii =^.^=" or some shit. (Protip: I didn't!)
Dude it isn't a big deal everyone probably gave you shit and then thought nothing less of you. Whenever an admin fucks with you, try to embrace it and have fun with it. Lots of times when you have fun with admins fucking with you they'll let you mess with others.

I mean shit,I usually do exactly the opposite of what gets announced with those centcomm anouncements and I've experienced some funny shit from that alone.

Also it probs doesn't matter what anyone says in this thread because in a day he'll rescind his statement like a pro.
Calling a whiney nerd out on being a whiney nerd (which if you cannot see how screaming about someone being a cheating bitch just because they beat you in a game is being a whiney nerd, then jesus fucking christ) using 'admin tools' is not only not an abuse of power, but arguably the entire PURPOSE for having the ability to change names and whatnot. Like I said before the whole cheating bitch thing came to light, cultural thing. This is how we roll. I'm sorry you don't like it, but if it bothers you to the point of seriously impacting your enjoyment of the game, you might want to look into other servers. This isn't going to go away or change. I'm not being malicious here, I am trying to honestly express to you that this is just how the culture of these servers is on a day to day basis. This is what we do here. It's not for everyone, I guess. Different servers have different cultures.
popecrunch Wrote:This is kind of a cultural thing. We all, players and admins alike, bust each other's balls constantly. The other side of it is that we don't really give a shit about 'mod sass' as long as it's not incredibly stupid or breaks the no creeps/bigots rule.
just to chip in on this subject, this has been kind of a problem lately actually, mods upping punishments if they don't like the respondent's attitude
I'm pretty sure I've only been guilty of this if they crossed the line into the sort of speech we normally ban for. If someone just tells me to go fuck myself I generally reply with 'shit if i could I'd never leave the house' and leave it at that. I could be wrong though, and if so, whoops