Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Review of Conspiracy Objectives
I looked over the list of conspiracy objectives and noticed that at least some of them are, pretty meh, ignorable, or near impossible to acheive and can probably just be trashed. Likewise we could probably benefit from some fresh ideas for new (and practical) ones.

So I put together this simple survey to collect some feedback on the existing objectives.

Hoping to understand which of these you enjoy, which of these would you'd like to see removed, and if there are any objectives you have thought of that you might want to see added.

https://forms.gle/S2wazboULR6zTCBj7

Responses are public, one response per player, you can still edit your responses after submitting.
Some of the ones (DnD, wrestling ring, drug ring, space commune) are ones that people find boring since they usually vary little from Actual Things People on RP do.

I like a lot of the more open freeform ones like moving departments, throwing parties, doing the murder mystery tea party; this conversation usually manges to get way down the line of reworking conspirator on the whole as an antag type, though. A lot of people are interested in higher-stakes, maybe more "violent" objectives and that also usually comes with requests for more tools to do that kind of stuff.

People also notoriously hate the "second bar/kitchen" obj for miscreants! It drives a sort of unhealthy un-laning for the RP servers since there's a bunch of Not Chefs suddenly trying to run a kitchen. I think a lot of these also just come down to how well they're actually being played, but in general less specificity is probably better since it gives lots of leeway to do Whatever. "Foresake NT" is a pretty good example of this, IMO.
I think some fight club objectives would be cool, like imagine if you got the objective to "Start a fight with someone, but you have to lose.", or something like start an underground monkey fighting ring. Another funny idea would be "Start a band, hack or make your way into any places needing high access, and be the most annoying mariachi band ever.
The point of Conspirators is the fact you are an organized group of antags working towards 1 goal.
The objective is a "Suggestion"
And most suck I agree. Since alot of people do not get Antagonist for a long time and then when they get it, it is:
"Throw a birthday party" and all the other conspirators are in. Now what? You can aggresively demand things and cause crimes to get the party started like kidnapping people, but it just doesn't feel the same as: "Envoke Martial Law on the station but give the power to the staff assistants"

Or my favorite thing as conspirators: "Start a cult of things"
Or in my favorite case: "Smuggle Clown Spiders on board and sacrifice people to them for Honkism"
Too bad clown spider or space spiders don't reproduce at all. Mostly once they been spotted they get killed and that's that.
Also miss the days I brought the cluwnespider onto the station in capitivity for Honkism/Safari reasons, but they ignore portals now so meh :O

Overall I think the objective should give 3 of them: "Passive, Aggresive and Neutral"
And still just be suggestions.
Like Passive would be: "Throw a party or DnD Campaign"
Neutral being: "Start a meat smuggling ring/drug smuggling ring." (Since you ain't being aggreisve but sitll has to be stopped)
Aggresive being: "Force everyone to not use power and go back to the dark ages or Take out the science department or Kidnap someone for a million credits."

EDIT: "Also add a voting system in the 1st 3 minutes for conspirators to decide if they wanna go passive/aggresive/neutral route. Even if they change the objective atleast everyone will know how they wanna tackle their objective.