Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New item for the Kitchen - "cooking syringe"
New item for the Kitchen - "cooking syringe" that has 100 unit capacity and allows to fill a food item to capacity in one click. Preferably with drag and drop functionality to refill it from a beaker.

Why this item is needed - currently the only way to fill an item with chemicals is a regular syringe - it only has capacity of 15 and requires 3 separate clicks to fill and another three to inject.

Considering that soup can be made with 15 separate food items, each potentially needing 100 units to fill to capacity, maximizing the soup potency becomes incredibly tedious and time consuming. Wasting up to 20 minutes just to inject chemicals into the food is unfun.
While it is a fun idea the second you make an item that can inject 100 units with a single click a thing say hello to a world of pain to the kitchen because tiders scientists and antags are all going to want that juicy piece of kit on a regular basis.
I think it's called a baster.
(02-28-2022, 01:34 PM)DioChasek Wrote: While it is a fun idea the second you make an item that can inject 100 units with a single click a thing say hello to a world of pain to the kitchen because tiders scientists and antags are all going to want that juicy piece of kit on a regular basis.

A baster to fill food with is not something that can penetrate skin, I think.
(02-28-2022, 01:40 PM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: A baster to fill food with is not something that can penetrate skin, I think.

That's the idea. An item that can only be used for food, and not for injecting people.

(02-28-2022, 01:34 PM)DioChasek Wrote: While it is a fun idea the second you make an item that can inject 100 units with a single click a thing say hello to a world of pain to the kitchen because tiders scientists and antags are all going to want that juicy piece of kit on a regular basis.

If it can only be used on food, then there is no pressing need for it for anyone else. You can poison food with regular syringes just fine. It is bulk-injection where you really need it.

If it will become a pain to deal with tiders, then it can always be made a Chef's starting item - this will ensure that it cannot be stolen by just breaking in.
Oh a baster. I thought you meant one of those big thick syringes for flavor injecting turkeys.
made it! https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/7673
Thanks. Can't wait to try it out.