Mentor Application - lrwhittaker48 (Last name Borachelli)
Usual character name: My last name is always Borachelli for my usual characters, I roleplay them as a family working with NT.
BYOND username: Lrwhittaker
Discord username (if you are on our discord): lrwhittaker
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Primarily Morty and Sylvester, but occasionally Heisenbee as well.

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): I'm not exactly sure when I started playing SS13 but I believe it was around 2008, originally joining from a friend's recommendation for Colonial Marines. I left for a while but started playing again around 2013 on Goonstation. Since then I've played on and off, usually playing for a few weeks then taking a break. I've tried to play every type of job, including engineering on all stations, learning complex mechanics alongside DWAINE, playing as medical and geneticist, and a variety of civilian jobs, though I don't play them nearly as often. I've also played as the HoP and CE, but often don't take on those jobs as I like to be able to get distracted helping someone out. I've got some great libraries of information compiled including links to very handy wikis and pictures to help people understand things like mechanic components.

I've always been a fan of helping people out around the station, and like to answer questions whenever I can! I'll sometimes offer to give tutorials in certain jobs during the pre-round as I know how intimidating this game can be, sometimes you really can feel like you've been sucked back in time but this game is incredible and I'd love to see more people confidently walking around the station! I try my best to be as nice as possible and have a great level of patience when I'm teaching people. I will admit that occasionally I can get tense but that only really happens when the station is in chaos and I'm trying to type at the speed of sound. If I ever get heated or see someone getting a little upset I'll try to do everything I can to get everyone apologizing and make sure no one has any bad feelings. After all, it's just a game and each round is a new one! 

When it comes to helping people, I'll try everything I can to answer them or show them in a way that has them doing the action and not just me spooling all the fun of the process. Im a firm believer in the ideal "give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you'll feed him for life" and simply doing something for someone doesn't teach them anything! Whenever I give tutorials I'd rather spend 40 minutes having them try, try, and try again so this way when they go off next shift they aren't having to alt-tab every second to the wiki for reference. I'd love to be able to answer people's questions through mentor help as im sure they have a lot of them, and I'd like to help Goonstation continue to be one of the best if not the best server for roleplaying. Im not trying to be an apple-hander, I just really love this server and its community heehee! If y'all will have me, I'd love to join your team and help as much as I can!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I've never been banned on any server!
We appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be July 7. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep being a friendly and welcoming member of the community!