Feedback Flourish, goon2 2/23-2/24
Flourish 

Goon2

I was banned for rule 4 whenever I called someone a pussy which I tried appealing for the 7 day ban and still haven't gotten a response but I've been reading the new appeals as they come in just for fun while I wait for my hopefully response and I see [Image: unknown.png]
Which directly contradicts why I was banned in the first place, I completely understand why I was banned if I did break rule 4 unless the term used does have a bigotry connotation towards it, if I'm banned for something one says is wrong, and another says is right, what is the balance between he said she said and unjust banning. 

Nothing against anyone mentioned but clarity about the rules is necessary if it goes to an extreme as a ban.
I'm not Flourish but the general idea is that even if at a glance it doesn't quite make sense "pussy" tends to be used as a gendered insult while "dick" doesn't. I'm not gonna delve into etymology and whatnot but the insult "dick" has sorta generified and doesn't really feel any different depending on the gender of who it is used against while "pussy" carries with itself the comparison to a vagina and the implication of women being weaker / cowardly. It might not always be easy to get out of habit of saying language like this, but we also don't tend to ban for the first offense in these cases unless you use some very unambiguous slurs (and you've been warned about 4 times before for other similar language). I hope this clarifies our rules enforcement policy here.
(02-27-2022, 03:01 PM)pali6 Wrote: I'm not Flourish but the general idea is that even if at a glance it doesn't quite make sense "pussy" tends to be used as a gendered insult while "dick" doesn't. I'm not gonna delve into etymology and whatnot but the insult "dick" has sorta generified and doesn't really feel any different depending on the gender of who it is used against while "pussy" carries with itself the comparison to a vagina and the implication of women being weaker / cowardly. It might not always be easy to get out of habit of saying language like this, but we also don't tend to ban for the first offense in these cases unless you use some very unambiguous slurs (and you've been warned about 4 times before for other similar language). I hope this clarifies our rules enforcement policy here.

that clears things up for me yea thank you was just hoping for a response on it hoping tg can hold me off until i can get back on goon