Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Requirements for playing a Secoff
You have to play X rounds (or for X amount of time as a Security Assistant) before you can be a Security Officer.

It'd make interacting with Sec a lot more bearable, and reduce the odds of them going "How I charge batong?" because they decided to pick up the job on their literal first time playing SS13.
this is already a feature.
the roundlock for secoff is like... 20-25? and the roundlock for secass is 5. it's quite telling that you assume that someone new to a job with equipment they can't really find elsewhere must be new to the entire game
This is already the case. You need 5 rounds to play as a security assistant and 30 to play as an officer. Even so, I would argue that no amount of round requirements will solve the problem of unpleasant or overbearing security officers. This is more of a people problem than a game problem, and I'm not even sure it can be fixed. Remember to ahelp officers that you think might be breaking the rules.
I'd be more worried if a new sec officer knew how to charge batong, since that implies the one time they stole a sec baton they managed to beat enough people with it to run out of charge.
...or used one of the several other charged items like the crate transporter.