Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Antag Idea: Cult of Singulo
Lightbulb 
I'm sure people have asked/suggested for cults in the past, or some rendition of them has been attempted previously. However, I am here to provide a loose idea for one that fits Goon better with at least a little bit of lore, and a bit more original.\

Small lore bit that can be expanded upon:
Have you ever been an engineer and wondered why you are required to wear goggles when working with the Singularity? Have you ever heard random whispers of a Lord Singulo while the CE is walking by? What if the reason NT wants you to wear your goggles isn't just for your health, but to stop something from looking back?

Thought process:
I have made this in stages to better follow along what would be happening, but also i designed the idea so nothing is "Mandatory" in the event people just want to have fun, mess around, or try to harness power from Lord Singulo. I also wanted to attempt to make it so at least in the early stages (thinking the first 20 minutes of the round) it doesn't require murdering players to achieve their goal so people don't die too early on. 

Cult start or stage 0: Would start with 1-3 players, but can grow a little bit, more on that later.
The cultists would have to meet up somewhere and agree on a place to then summon Lord Singulo as a small tiny not even pulling anything yet, black hole.
It wont move but requires "food" to grow. The cultists don't have any abilities off the bat, and look normal.

Stage 1: Once Lord Singulo himself is down, the cult now has to make sure he isn't found, while also smuggling "Food" to feed him.
Personally, I hate dying early in a round and im sure many others do, so my idea h ere is that it will be mostly objects of general mass at this stage.
Such as items you can pick up, such as ores, gadgets, almost anything that can be picked up as its barley a black hole.  He will take up a 1x1 space, and cannot roam.

Cultist Abilities:

Singulo's Gift - No longer affected by gravity

Stage 2: Now that Lord Singulo has enough mass to actually be a functional black hole, it will start slowly pulling loose objects into itself,
and require more dense objects such as anything that you have to pull such as crates, canisters, and other big items. Now sacrificing people is
optional, and counts much more, but is not required. At this point the cult is still incognito itself,  but the black hole if not in a good spot would move stuff around it
similar to a normal Singularity engine but in a smaller area, or like a gravity artifact. He now grows to a 2x2 space.

Cultist Abilities:

Singulo's Influence - Able to grab an item as long as you have line of sight
Singulo's Anger - Can push objects and people away from you ( a small aoe, only about 1-3 tiles) 

Stage 3: The singularity grows to a 3x3, and the cultists will be prompted before progressing warning them of "Being closer to Lord Singulo".
The cultists now are starting to act strange and will have a purple glow around them, or have a small singularity above their head,
as well as randomly pull items and people towards them just like a gravity well. No longer satisfied with just mass,
Lord Singulo now demands souls as food. These can be monkeys or players, mass will also work still but to a lesser degree, at least one
body sacrifice will be requires to progress.

Cultists Abilities:

Singulo's Sight - Can take items out of players hands
Singulo's Wrath - Push a single object or player with great force, enough to knock them down if a player
Singulo's Warmth - Immune to Heat and cold

Stage 4: The point of no return, it grows to a 4x4 and the entire station is alerted to a local black hole forming. Again there will be a prompt
before progressing to this point, in the event the cultists want to mess with their power, fool around, or aren't trying to eat the station.
At this point, the singularity has grown so large, now shuttle can approach or risk getting sucked in. It is now pulling objects into it
(But not moving still) and the cultists are entirely purple. Our Lord Singulo now requires at least x% number of player souls to progress
to its final stage, and great greater powers to its followers for feeding him.

Cultists Abilities -

Singulo's Provision - No longer need oxygen
Singulo's Protection - Touching a cultist will fling you in a random direction ( you have to physically connect with them by
YOUR action, such as grabbing, punching, or using a melee weapon, not running into them as that could be abused.)

Stage 5- Final stage: At this point Lord Singulo has become strong enough to once again fully "walk" this realm and is no longer anchored to his position.
At this point all the cultists will become small black holes themselves that feed Singulo, until he grows in size enough to engulf the entire
station, thus ending the round.

Cultist Abilities:

One with Singulo - Become a black hole

Cultist Conversion:
For converting more players, it could be tied to how large Singulo has gotten, or a hard cap. Im not the best at balance so should
this ever get added we can cross that bridge when we come to it. Now HOW to convert would be grabbing someone, and forcing them to look
with their bare eyes upon Lord Singulo for a short time. Long enough where if there was a fight in front of him it wouldn't be instead, but short
enough where it doesn't take forever.

"Purifying" a cultist:
Again head cannon there are two ways that aren't the normal sec anti rev way. Either through a chaplain using holywater/a bible against a cultist
to clear their head from Singulos whispers, or an Engineer/CE forcing them to read an engineering textbook making them understand what they are
doing is impossible and not logical. 

Beating the cult: 
In the event your local station has a singulo cult outbreak, NT has provided your CE/Captain/HoP with the ability to order a BacktotheAbyss tm brand Singularity Destruction launcher. This only works however if you have subdued the cult feeding their supposed lord. 

I am happy to hear any feedback on this idea and if you all would think it fits, or if you have issues with it. I tried to keep it loose enough to be tweaked/balanced and adapted but enough subsistence to get an idea of what it would look and feel like in game. Also on the topic of translating this into adding it, I personally know c++, but am not that amazing at it to create this on my own, as i would be more worried about breaking something. 

Praise be our Lord Singulo