Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
janitor oldshool mop
make janitor vintage mop a job reward so i dont have to metagame to obtain in from the most god forsaken place in the game
This is how it used to be. It got changed and imo reducing the availability of the antique mop is good because it’s mainly a griefing tool.
but my funny slips.
edit:what if you make it a big level reward like head of janitors that both makes it not so common and reduces metagaming
(02-20-2022, 04:01 PM)zululerman Wrote: but my funny slips.
edit:what if you make it a big level reward like head of janitors that both makes it not so common and reduces metagaming

The janitor mop has a mechanical effect so you can't just make it a job reward.
(02-20-2022, 04:01 PM)zululerman Wrote: but my funny slips.

you literally have access to space lube via medical's chemical dispensers?
And if you really want to you can fill a bucket with space lube to dip in to keep your mop the king of slip.
Oh wait. People cant slip when using the mop anymore? I'm confused.
One of the most important parts of the janitor is using the mop with the signs put down and then pointing at the sign when people slipped.
Basically old mop had an excuse to leave slippery areas since it cleaned the tile and left the wet floor sheen that you couldn’t clean up so you had plausible deniability that you weren’t griefing . New mop leaves a puddle that you can clean up immediately with a second click of your mop so if you don’t do that you are just kind of a jerk.
But the slipperiness only lasted for like a minute. I don't really think having people slip is griefing. Damn I wish I coulda said something about it back when it was changed because having people slip while you are doing your janitor duty was a major part of being a janitor. Its one of the reason people would steal the janitors bucket and then youd have a big station wide chase or hunt trying to get your bucket back.
You can still leave the non invisible puddles with the new mop by not cleaning up your puddle of course, but slips will only happen on sprint. The old mop is griefier in comparison since you cant do anything to clear it up quicker and it is near invisible. Honestly the bucket and slip hazard signs aren't even needed anymore in the grand scheme of things as you can wet your mop at a sink and clean for quite an extended period of time and you clean so much faster than the old mop and remove all traces of your presence. I am of mixed opinion of the whole thing, it makes giant messes a breeze to clean in comparison to the old mop, but you lose immersion.