Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
add an option to disable the "go to another server" popup on death
or at least make the link smaller so i don't keep hitting it when going for the x right next to it
Yeah I'll try to add this if I find the time. Feel free to bother me about it if it seems like I forgot.
These should have a confirmation popup too, or at least. I tried to add one once, but it was more confusing than I expected and I gave up.
(02-22-2022, 10:35 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: These should have a confirmation popup too, or at least. I tried to add one once, but it was more confusing than I expected and I gave up.
They were meant to make people join other servers as easily as possible to try to resolve the pop imbalance. I think adding a confirmation would go against that goal.
I don't think adding a "are you sure you want to switch servers y/n" popup would be a real deterrent, it's more clear and makes it less likely for someone to accidentally switch servers. I've clicked it by mistake before, and I've heard of others doing the same.

It's not a big problem, but it is a problem in terms of UX.
I've definetly hit it a few times on accident. please
no Dark UI Patterns allowed
(yes add a confirm dialog please : we shouldn't have to resort to any trickery in order to encourage players to move servers. it upsets more people than i think legitimately would benefit from lack-of-confirm-popup)
Please I just missed the final push on a nukie round because of that fucking thing.
Here's an idea... put it in the chat window insted?
You know the "YOU DIED" THING!

You can wait for ressurection...
Become a ghost...
Become a ghost critter..
Go to the afterlife bar...
Go to VR...
And now add: "Alternatively you can switch servers and start a new shift right away"
How about add a check mark box under the button so people have to check the box and then press the go to another server box. Basically just double factor agreement.