Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Remove HoS xp
Maybe the HoS earns XP based on how many Staff make it out alive on the shuttle? Since their job is keeping people safe and all?
Would encourage validhunting.
would just remove it entirely. people get weird about other job XP stuff too. I dont need people reminding me how many hos rounds I have, I just wanna bum around and do stuff in space. Occasionally I like to do it while wearing a blanket and eating donuts.
Just remove HoS XP and make their unlocks available from the start, since they are whitelisted anyway. They should have any tool they like and any look they like.

Infact there are so many classes that have XP that don't do anything but bragging rights like the Chaplain.
Let alone to get the XP you have to do something near impossible and that is not have any bodies on the station.

So yea.. remove XP system on HoS.. HoS is basicly "max level" security officer.
I'll be honest. I came back from a long break and was not outright ready for HoS duty, yet, literally only because of that exp counter, I would join in and basically bumble about for the digits. I stopped as soon as I got back on my feet, but the entire idea of exp that basically only shows how much time you spend pretending to be a space cop online left me feeling gross. The reward skins should be something we are rewarded for having achieved the position.

Not only is this enabling those who are mentally susceptible to such impulses, but there really is a HoS mentality that screams "play as much as me and you can be in the cool group too." that is helped by this exp grind. I frankly feel like I am recovering from an addiction when discussing this, because it is addictive.

I don't want to encourage or allow something to encourage a "More time invested = I'm the better player" and that is the general feeling that this creates. Not quite gatekeeping, but almost. Being told to "get your numbers up, rookie." by newer HoS players is demoralizing, not embracing.

Lets nip this and other future issues that may come up.
Personally my opinion on HoS is that only those that want to actually BE HoS should become HoS. Not those that just want the neat shit that HoS brings. EXP would be one of those neat shits that HoS brings if it had EXP. Shouldn't add more stuff to HoS that would make people want to be HoS for the wrong reasons.
(03-02-2022, 03:20 PM)Hard Boiled Wrote: I'll be honest. I came back from a long break and was not outright ready for HoS duty, yet, literally only because of that exp counter, I would join in and basically bumble about for the digits. I stopped as soon as I got back on my feet, but the entire idea of exp that basically only shows how much time you spend pretending to be a space cop online left me feeling gross. The reward skins should be something we are rewarded for having achieved the position.

Not only is this enabling those who are mentally susceptible to such impulses, but there really is a HoS mentality that screams "play as much as me and you can be in the cool group too." that is helped by this exp grind. I frankly feel like I am recovering from an addiction when discussing this, because it is addictive.

I don't want to encourage or allow something to encourage a "More time invested = I'm the better player" and that is the general feeling that this creates. Not quite gatekeeping, but almost. Being told to "get your numbers up, rookie." by newer HoS players is demoralizing, not embracing.

Lets nip this and other future issues that may come up.

As someone who wants to be HoS for the sake of helping security players out as the HoS (or NTSO). I am not whitelisted but I would love to try.
I have been recently having to educate Miners, Scientists, Security officers and even Chaplains on my shift. Heck I once had to teach a clown how to JUGGLE XD

But every class that has a XP bar I am like: "Neat... but I am playing the class for fun."
While I know whitelisting is sorta or less a popularity contest and trust. (Though I mostly play a chaplain with dumb gimmicks cause I use a lil bit of meta knowledge to spice it up) I do love playing detective alot as it's a looser security officer. A lone wolf that does work with security.
But I have no objections being a HoS too.

I mostly support HoS's as a detective (even as an antag)