Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Remove HoS xp
Encourages people to be weird and brag about how many rounds they've played.

Not what I want to see from a whitelisted role trusted to care for security and generally improve the quality of the round, doesn't add anything besides an antiquated Sprite. Just make all of the rewards accessable at 0 and can the XP
Yeah I was gonna do that eventually but kinda forgot.
Oh ok
Probably for the best. Add clown XP instead.
the race is won, who cares about second place
(02-19-2022, 04:01 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Probably for the best. Add clown XP instead.

Clowns HAVE xp

(02-19-2022, 04:09 PM)MetricDuck Wrote: the race is won, who cares about second place

This mentality right here is what I mean, I know you're joking but unironically
100% agree, weird jokes about exp that I can’t tell if jokes or not and people joining RP as HoS in the last 5 minutes to “get that sweet exp”
I was sorta ready to do it a while ago. Or like change the exp to be more in-line with other exp so it's not just rounds completed. But I remember getting a good bit of flack about it when I mentioned it because someone was close to some level that I arbitrarily chose as a dumb job reward requirement. So I didn't and then forgot about it completely. Not sure which way I'll go here tbh.

The exp system is kinda out of control in terms of the fact that people actually spend time to grind it out, when it was made originally to be a joke on that. I've lately come around to the idea that removing it completely or removing the public highscores or something would be for the best. Cause it's mostly just bragging rights or people doing something they don't *really* want to do for an artifical reward. And I've played (and still play) runescape so I'm not judging, but I think it's probably bad for the game, even if it's funny.

I am pleased with the exp system for clowns pretty much, cause clowns are a big joke and they can't really grind it like docs/janitors can. And basically I just slapped that onto most any time a clown does something clumsy cause they're a clown.
If you give people something to grind and a reward for the grind they WILL grind it out. Its just human nature.
Hell half the time people don't even need a real reward for the grind in games. Sometimes the grind IS the game.
Thankful for the insight on the XP system. I like how Clown has it cus its a dumb role anyone can do, but a whitelisted role with responsibility and shit makes it... complicated.
To put things into perspective a janitor can easily get to level 20 in less than a week of diligent play, a clown could pull it off if all they did was slip themeselves on bananas in a similar amount of time.
A hos though has to spend months to max out. Solutions are design an exp chart for a high stress high responsibility job,(ew), give out all the stuff for free,(better but still ew), or just reduce the round requirements for unlocking things (this retains that dopamine rush of earning things but accelerates those hits baby!)
And if people really feel like they aren’t getting enough exp admins could run an oops all HOS round where everyone spawns as the HOS.
As a HoS its neat to have a reward to work for, but as Nile has shown it is a massive amount of rounds to do it. I honestly don't really care that there is a Xp counter on it. On the Competitive side, there is just cheesing joining rounds at the shuttle call and getting HoS XP, on the other side, who really cares that its there.

If it got taken out I wouldn't mind, but I generally use it to keep track of the number of rounds I've played as HoS (Since I mainly only play any major role as shift start.)
flip the script, make it a mark of shame

killed by an antag? +exp
lose your hat? +exp
lawbringer gets destroyed? +exp
get shove farted? +exp!!

whats that you got all that exp before the change? ya sure ya did pal have you considered rolling secass to learn the game?
just copy and paste the clown xp into hos xp

rewards included
Hmm make the exp based upon getting your butt kicked? As a Next Generation fan this pleases me.