Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
[MERGED PR] AI Law Rack - Replaces AI Upload
I've had some time with this now, even had a shift as sec where i had to burst in the upload and unrogue the AI.

I like it so far. I'm sure it's not perfect and some things can and should be changed. But we're better off with this system than we were with the older one.
(03-19-2022, 06:28 AM)amylizzle Wrote: So just to clarify a little on this: I actually intended there to be a moment where the AI could act on its reduced lawset while you were messing with it.
If you take out Asimov 1 while doing maintenance on the AI, it was intended that during that time, the AI could hurt people if it chose to. Just to encourage some time pressure & thoughtfulness when messing with the AI.

I thought about that when suggesting the delay booton, but sort of mentally handwaved it away.

The AI/borgs would be without Law 1 or whatever for, like, five seconds. They probably wouldn't finish reading the updated laws before the law board was back in, or the replacement is in. It's kind of a nonissue. Especially since if there's an ion storm, or something, they already have lost that law.

The chance for some quick AI or borg to get a single nonlethal screwdriver or crowbarring in seems like far less of a concern than having to spam people with seven annoying messages to swap out a lawset that they HAVE to pay attention to, read and parse or risk being warned/banned by admins seems... not worth it.
I think these should just not be able to be built off-z level at all save for the nukie one.

Just realized someone can plop one down in an a zone and make life hell for them.

Honestly, I don't think they should be able to be *built* at all.
They can't be built in restricted z-levels or on non-station turf. If that's happened, please make a bug report so I can investigate.
(03-30-2022, 10:47 AM)amylizzle Wrote: They can't be built in restricted z-levels or on non-station turf. If that's happened, please make a bug report so I can investigate.

I was not aware! Thank you.
I had a round yesterday (4/2) where someone built a law rack in the debris field. Not sure what happened, but there were 2 racks out there. I only saved the one picture