Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
[MERGED PR] AI Law Rack - Replaces AI Upload
(03-18-2022, 10:39 PM)RGBDeadSilent Wrote: First, as a borg each time a law is removed and then inserted, you get a law update message. I think there should be a button on the AI rack that initializes the laws, finally updating the AI. I say this also because moving from Asimov to NanoRobo laws means you have to replace all 1-3 laws, and well, things can go to shit pretty easily from that.

I would actually prefer there not be an 'initialize' button, because people would forget to press it. Or fail to do so in the heat of the moment. Or not know to press it, adding additional newbie-trap value.

But I do think we need to do something about spam control. We had three ion storms, and I felt awful that I had to already spam the silicons just to fix them. Three law updates for every storm. Ouch. At some point as silicon your eyes glaze over and you just stop paying proper attention, and hate your artificial life.

Instead of an initialize button, maybe a 'Pause upload' button. An opt-out instead of a required booton. That will prevent the law rack from updating until the button is pressed. To let you screw around with the laws, then click the button off, and let the system update. For those times when you're doing mass law surgery like full default replacements.

I guess in either case, with either button, it would be nice if the rack made a computer beep or something when the upload successfully happened.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [MERGED PR] AI Law Rack - Replaces AI Upload - by Love - 03-19-2022, 12:33 AM