Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Please allow defibs to work on arcfiends.
If you get cardiac arrest as an arcfiend, that's basically it. It reeeeally sucks.
idea: let arcfiends consume a large amount of energy to restart their own heart
(02-18-2022, 04:26 PM)Lady Birb Wrote: idea: let arcfiends consume a large amount of energy to restart their own heart

Somewhat related, I did try shocking myself to see if that would work, no dice
(02-18-2022, 04:07 PM)Cal Wrote: If you get cardiac arrest as an arcfiend, that's basically it. It reeeeally sucks.

arc fiends have smes human which makes them resistant to most forms of electrical shock. you can try using some chemicals to prolong your life and atropine + synaptizine + cpr can actually reduce the chance to die and cure cardiac arrest. otherwise theres no real way for normal spacepeople to self cure of cardiac arrest either since you cant defib when youre passed out from it. might be cool for arcfiends to zap themselves - damage for cure to the arrest?
maybe, similar to how changelings get their own special form of anaerobic metabolism that's better than the genetic version, arcfiends should get a special version of SMES human without the downsides that lets them abosrb shocks to convert into energy instead of nullifying them.
My attempt at a solution here: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/7602