Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shuttle doors
This is also an issue on RP as I am a RP main.
There are still many people on RP that will do the following things on the shuttle (while considered illegal or pushing it):

-Whenever command deck is open, push their way in to be isolated, mostly followed by bolt hacking or welding so command can't do shit
-Whenever security is open, join them there, luckily bolting/welding doesn't happen much since security will beat your ass for it. (heck even I do it when chaos erupts in the shuttle due to other reasons wich will be listed later , but at that point sec mostly allows it)
-The coffee room gets hijacked and welded shut. (Happens the MOST Fyi!)
-People barge into medbay and go into sleepers to sleep. (or weld the door when inside, killing people who need last minute treatment! THANKS!)
- People opening the windows with tools or hacking open the bolted shuttle doors. (They do it sometimes to save escape pod people, but sometimes they just do it in advance, causing issues)
- Hotboxing the shuttle with weed. (wich is illegal on RP, unless you are antag then it's tolerated)
- Chembombing the shuttle with something non lethal. (Same as before. But think lube, glitter, turning into a cat/frog/bird, Cheese, it's more rare but it happens)
- Using genetics powers to annoy other players (Such as cryoknesis)
- Unscrewing the shuttle chairs (Not terrible, but annoying)
- Using whatever non lethal grenade for fun! (Flashbangs, Cleaning Grenades, Oxygen grenades galour, Sometimes even FOAM)

Also punching and wrestling but mostly this gets you arrested anyway.
But this is all done before ROUND OF GRIEF.
Heck last time I played the admin spawned a custom "Syndie Shuttle" for admin fuckery and all outer doors became unbolted. It was cramped so you guessed it.
PEOPLE SHOVED EACHOTHER OUT! Killing not only the AI but around 6 people in the shuttle minutes alone.

So overall I think making a welding animation play for welding doors is probaly the best idea. Cause it's not fun playing welding wars with someone in the security area of the shuttle as a security officer while a staff assistant is rewelding the door.
Typical shuttle calls be like

(03-01-2022, 04:15 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Typical shuttle calls be like

Honestly the perfect video to showcase Goon 1 and 2 shuttles.