Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shuttle doors
Throwing up this suggestion since it seems to be happening just so much more often lately. Make shuttle doors unhackable and unweldable. You see the shuttle doors get hacked, all the wires cut, and then welded shut and tight. This doesn't even happen from antags, this is just folks being selfish and trying to keep a room all to themselves like a VIP. I see crewmen hack into the security department and then immediately bolt the damn room closed, some officers inside, some out, and just stay in there the whole shuttle trip. I see medical get into the medical room and barricade the door. Damned if someone is dying outside, its time to hermit crab in the medbay area of the shuttle.

I suggest making them unhackable like this, because even if you TRY to break in... well try to unhack a door with someone on the other side. You can play a minigame of rock paper scissors. You can uncut a wire, and then THEY can either recut the wire, or just screwdriver the door closed, so you gotta open it again.

That, or maybe just make hacking/welding doors non-instant. I'm just tired of having to bash down shuttle doors with a fire extinguisher (Its like 60+ smacks or more.)
Hacking a welding the shuttle doors are one of the only ways a traitor would be able to get the escape solo objective. I don't care much about objectives as a whole but some people do.
UNLESS you mean the arrival shuttle. In that case I 100% agree the arrivals shuttle should be completely immune to everything. We already have rules stating to not fuck with the arrivals shuttle.
Hacking/welding the medbay/security/command rooms on the shuttle does not make it any easier to prevent other people from escaping, since, you know, if they're being blocked by one of those doors they're necessarily already on the shuttle.
if security/command had a method to easily kick people out without letting new people in every time the door opened, this would be a good idea

maybe if those departments had chutes that just shot you back into the common room?
(02-18-2022, 05:14 PM)Jakson Wrote: if security/command had a method to easily kick people out without letting new people in every time the door opened, this would be a good idea

maybe if those departments had chutes that just shot you back into the common room?

or even better, two chutes in sec, one to throw them back into the shuttle area and one that throws them out into space.
An ejection chute in security sounds like anyone with a flash gang and some earmuffs can throw one in the sec room and then flush everyone down the drain

Let’s just stick with a simple removal chute, I’ve seen pipes work on admeme shuttle before
He's exclusively talking about the inner areas of the escape shuttle (security, medical, bridge/cockpit) and not the outer doors. Welding and bolting the outside doors seems fair game since it's good for traitor objectives, but I agree that it's obnoxious how often people bolt and weld the inside compartment doors as soon as they get into their compartment; to clarify, this action isn't to prevent escape, it's to prevent people from getting inside so that they're less likely to be blown up, shot, stabbed, or eaten.

I'm not for or against the ideas of making the inner escape shuttle doors unable to be tampered with or adding chutes because I know little of game balance, but I would definitely like to see way less people instantly fucking up doors to lock people out the moment they get inside of a shuttle compartment.
Yes, this is all in relation to the interior doors. Security/Command/Medical/That neat little coffee room. Crew jump into them and isolate themselves.
partly i think this is an issue with how lightning-fast hacking and welding is - maybe you *shouldn't* be able to seal yourself off in <5 seconds even outside of shuttle contexts
idk if I have real suggestions to change those mechanics though, i think outside of that unhackability for interior shuttle doors sounds ok
(02-18-2022, 02:13 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Hacking a welding the shuttle doors are one of the only ways a traitor would be able to get the escape solo objective. I don't care much about objectives as a whole but some people do.
UNLESS you mean the arrival shuttle. In that case I 100% agree the arrivals shuttle should be completely immune to everything. We already have rules stating to not fuck with the arrivals shuttle.
Id argue it makes it harder. when theres 15~ people on the shuttle and your trying to rampage/hijack, it takes so much longer to clear out each room when you have to fight the door open.
(02-23-2022, 04:22 PM)mbc Wrote: partly i think this is an issue with how lightning-fast hacking and welding is - maybe you *shouldn't* be able to seal yourself off in <5 seconds even outside of shuttle contexts
idk if I have real suggestions to change those mechanics though, i think outside of that unhackability for interior shuttle doors sounds ok

I think I remember someone had a neat door welding animation and if doors used that for welding then it would just take the amount of time the animation plays out.
Alright so after playing the game again for a couple days I have to agree. Fuck shuttle door welders. The inside doors at least. Its every damn round they weld and bolt the doors just because ?????
I agree with this! It's too easy to weld doors so giving them time to weld / unweld makes it more realistic and fun. I mean some things take time to weld or unweld these days anyway.. why not doors?
Out of curiosity has this been a classic problem only or on RP as well?
I only play on Goon 1 so classic.