Complaint Unknown admin, unknown server, unknown time
(02-17-2022, 03:23 AM)Mrfishstick Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 03:07 AM)Deadvickyart Wrote: This is still about the code because I was told this was a necessary step to get my changes put forward. If you're angry that this thread exists at all, blame the person who told me to make it.

I am unaware of the step in the PR process which requires you to accuse a member of Goonstation Staff of committing sexual harassment in order to get a code review. 

And to clarify we're not asking you to out any victim of a harassment situation, just that you provide us the barest of details so we can get this person off of our staff. As it stands, you're currently simultaneously accusing someone of harassment and also enabling them to remain in a position of authority over a community of thousands. A code change to remove a fucking catgirl joke race is not going to protect anyone. You're literally invoking a criminal act to try and force a goddamn code merge and being upset we're focusing on the crime part and not the code part of this situation.

Frankly, not my problem. I don't run your staff. Please don't blame me for sexual harassment on the server or "enabling" sexual predators.

(02-17-2022, 03:15 AM)Gerhazo Wrote: Hello, between preliminary skimming of the logs showing nothing of the sort had occured recently (albeit it was very much skimming), the PR and you yourself mentioning "wanting to remove the dumb sexual references that shouldn't be in the game.", this scenario feels fabricated, particularly since you seem to care more about pushing your changes (that this seems to be trying to garner support towards) than a potential predator being present or the fact that your friend was apparently targetted by them.

Especially considering even if those were implemented, they wouldn't stop this kind of harassment from being possible.

edit/addendum to forementioned:
(02-17-2022, 03:07 AM)Deadvickyart Wrote: This is still about the code because I was told this was a necessary step to get my changes put forward. If you're angry that this thread exists at all, blame the person who told me to make it.
Assuming you're not telling us to blame your friend, because that seems like an outlandish position to have, there is nothing in your PR comments telling you that this is the method of having it approved. The only seemingly related thing there is advising you to make a thread for the alleged harassment to be investigated and resolved, nothing specifies doing it for purposes of having your changes merged (which still appears to be the higher priority here for some reason, when it really shouldn't).

I'm not seeking to fix all harassment problems, I just want to remove one thing that was used to bully someone I know. But whatever, I've said I don't want to talk about sexual abuse and you guys clearly don't respect my wishes on that.

I am not particularly fond of the part where you claim to take complaints of this nature seriously but then immediately close ranks to call me a liar, invent reasons for me to lie and also say that it wouldn't be sexual harassment if it happened. But I am not surprised.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unknown admin, unknown server, unknown time - by Deadvickyart - 02-17-2022, 04:25 AM