Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Turn The Lawbringer Off
Incredibly simple. Adds an "Off" voice command that turns the Lawbringer/Lawgiver off.

Pros:
>Can't be used if stolen, because it's off.
>Can be *twirled without risk of shooting yourself.

Cons:
>It's off. You can't use it until you turn it on again by saying a mode.
Clownshot.
feels like this would take so much of the fun out of stealing a lawbringer
If you are HOS and you get mugged for your Lawbringer by an antag they deserve that win. Preemptively denying them the satisfaction of killing others with your trusty sidearm with a single word is lame. “But what about non-antags Dio?” Easy ahelp if they are being grief lords.
I am the Law should just give a lethal electric shock to people like in the movie tbh
i already fast type it on clownshot when i drop it on the same tile as me, if the lawbringer should get an off function, then should all the other energy weapons
>Can't be used if stolen, because it's off.

Why is this a pro? Shouldn't managing to steal the lawbringer off the arguably most dangerous person on the station yield some reward?
(02-16-2022, 01:39 PM)RichardGere Wrote: >Can't be used if stolen, because it's off.

Why is this a pro? Shouldn't managing to steal the lawbringer off the arguably most dangerous person on the station yield some reward?

No, it shouldn't, Stern. No it should not.

Because it doesn't already. (They set it to Clownshot, which is basically off.)

Not that it would have any effect for someone like you, because you just steal the HoS's ID card then use a voice changer to change the mode.

(02-16-2022, 12:14 PM)Cal Wrote: I am the Law should just give a lethal electric shock to people like in the movie tbh

Absolutely.
Voice changer doesn't work. Lawbringer goes by DNA.
To be honest letting the voice changer work for traitors that steal the lawbringer would be pretty cool. Would give a nice secondary use for the voice changer.
(02-18-2022, 03:13 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Would give a nice secondary use for the voice changer.

Emag clears it and is probably something you'd buy over it anyway.

Voice changer would throw out how the gun works.
Ah good point. Emag would be a better choice for sure.
Another point I'd like to make is that if you turn it off it just encourages people to mechscan it and make their own copy and if anyone sees that in the database you sure as hell will get LAWBRINGERS FOR EVERYONE day. At least clownshot might let them have fun bullying the clown or themselves if they are the clown.
(02-16-2022, 12:14 PM)Cal Wrote: I am the Law should just give a lethal electric shock to people like in the movie tbh

Removing “I am the law” would buff the HoS a good bit on main, like taking the HoS’ lawbringer, already a powerful weapon, then stunning, “I am the law”’ing, and throwing it at them/sec is a strategy of taking them out rn. It’s very difficult but to remove the lawbringer from play makes antag rounds much much easier