Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unarmed Special Attacks
For the inner pub brawler/real estate agent in you.

Would probably be a scroll or something you can find, or a book behind the bar.
(Or maybe a traitor item. A "Book of Robustness", if you will.)

NOTE: This is only a list of ideas, and I don't expect all of them to be used. Feel free to add on to this if you want.
The images are examples I pulled from Yakuza 0 and Smash Ultimate. No real life yakuza/cabaret owners/real estate agents were harmed.

Harm strike while grabbing opponent's chest: Pummel, deals a decent amount of stamina damage
(user) knees (target) in the chest!
[Image: knee_to_the_chest.png]

Harm strike while grabbing opponent's head: deals damage and BRAIN to user and target but stuns target (or yourself if they have a better helmet!)
(user) slams (his/her/their/its) head into (target)'s!
[Image: headbutt.png]

Disarm strike, far away from self: Swipe attack with a higher chance to disarm opponents (ICly, you're performing a roundhouse kick)
Chance to disarm is reduced based on the item's size- smaller items would have less chance. (Big, two-handed items would be much easier.)
(user) kicks the (item) out of (target)'s hand!
[Image: deflect.png]

Clicking far away from yourself while blocking: Throw yourself forward, stunning/dropping the first person you hit, as well as yourself.
(user) tackles (target)!
[Image: Essence_of_Rolling.png]

Harm intent on head while target is on the floor: Curb stomp. Damage plus a decent bit of BRAIN. Better shoes deal more damage (or you take some if you aren't wearing any as a non-cow)
(user) slams (his/her/their/its) foot onto (target)'s face! That HAS to hurt!
[Image: curb_stomp.png]

Disarm intent on someone that has you grabbed: Better chance at breaking the grab than normal. If it breaks the grab, light stun on the person that grabbed you.
(user) jabs (his/her/their/its) elbow into (target)'s face! Ouch!
[Image: Essence_of_Hurling.png]

Harm intent while prone: Kicks! Uses the damage modifier for dropkicks, but can be used while prone!
(user) kicks (target) in the knees!
[Image: Essence_of_Reversal.png]
ive wanted to code something like this in the past including adharas doom glory kill execution thing if she still hasnt taken the mantle but ive never gotten the time to

ive always supported more intent based combat and interactions such as for example, being in help intent on a person whilst holding a pen will have you draw on them, and on harm, you stab them etc etc

a veeeeeery ambitious project though and one id probably wouldnt code until im absolutely free
I would like this tbh
I think at one point I had suggested being able to knock people against walls and other things for extra contextual attacks. LIke smashing a persons head against the table or kicking them against the wall. Bring in some wall bounces. I like the idea of more fun attacks.
I'd love to see some moves inspired by the Yakuza games
Tie it to the wrestling belt or similar
Karate gi traitor item. Space Cobra Kai
Tied headband that flutters in the breeze then when there is none
(02-15-2022, 09:55 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Tie it to the wrestling belt or similar

Na. Wrestling belt already has too much fun stuff. Should split it off into some other martial arts related traitor item like someone else said a karate gi or something. Then if someone else has the belt we can have an East vs West show down.
So to summarize the martial arts version would be mostly special strikes with a few holds where the belt is more grappling with strikes peppered in.

Also the gi or headband makes you randomly say things like put em in a body bag “character name”
We've got Shinai, let's get a gi for Aikido or Karate or something similar. Other items have special abilities already tied to them, this could be a good use for a special outfit you can buy or find an old tattered version of in debris field.
dude this would be so fucking rad on the game, however it should be a traitor item like a black belt or something
(02-15-2022, 11:12 AM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 09:55 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Tie it to the wrestling belt or similar

Na. Wrestling belt already has too much fun stuff. Should split it off into some other martial arts related traitor item like someone else said a karate gi or something. Then if someone else has the belt we can have an East vs West show down.

Tie it to a Yakuza Suit, gotta beat people down in style
Getting access to moves from clothes you get like the boxing gloves or wrestling masks could be fun