Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MERGED PR] Rework conspiracy objectives
Thumbs Up 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[REWORK] [INPUT WANTED] [REMOVAL]
About the PR
Removes a lot of the weirdly specific and non-open ended objectives and adds a few new ones.
Adds disposals and crew lounge as meetup points.

Adds:
- Start a cult worshipping ["Heisenbee", "Morty", "Dr. Acula", "Monsieur Stirstir", "Jones the cat", "Sylvester", "Hooty McJudgementowl", "the AI", "Discount Dan", "the engine"]. ("the engine" is disabled on Oshan)
- Convince the crew that the station is underwater. (or in space if the station actually is underwater)
- Replace as many heads of staff with imposters as possible.
- Transfer ownership of the station to Discount Dan. Ensure all the crew are loyal and the station is branded correctly.
- Set yourselves up as vigilantes and arrest people for made up crimes.
- Pose as a team of undercover Nanotrasen inspectors and make an example out of anyone you deem incompetent or too competent at their job.
- Turn as much of the station as you can into [material1] and [material2], including anyone who gets in your way. (material1 and 2 chosen from all ore types, plus glass, water, rubber, rock, flesh and coral if on an underwater map)
- Remind the crew of their own mortality by stockpiling as many of their organs as you can.
- Replace the employees of an entire department with conspirators.
- Make sure all available food and water is chemically spiked.
- Turn command against each other for petty reasons.

Please suggest more!
Why's this needed?
Conspirator is my favourite antag, but the objectives are very hit or miss.
I've removed a lot here, so feel free to tell me to re-add any you like, or suggest new ones.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)LeahTheTech
(*)Reworked conspiracy objectives.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I don't really mind frame X for murder considering respawns are only 10 minutes but the rest is quite good

Mildly against removing the chapel and crew lounge meeting points because it can be really funny to discuss murder huddled together in a semi public area

Cult objective could get weird
[145.9]{insert name}:Everyone station is underwater!
[145.9]{insert another person name}:Then can you explain why we can't change direction without jetpack or a floor?
[145.9]{insert name}:Well uh
(02-15-2022, 11:38 PM)redlink2579 Wrote: [145.9]{insert name}:Everyone station is underwater!
[145.9]{insert another person name}:Then can you explain why we can't change direction without jetpack or a floor?
[145.9]{insert name}:Well uh

It's very thin water. Duh.
Honestly that objective is one a conspiracy I was in decided to do and it was fun so I thought it could be in the game. We spent the round telling everyone this is actually Oshan lab while flooding random bits of the station and shouting about hull breaches, and causing small explosions and blaming them on hotspots.
I am of the opinion that unless there's a LOT of conspiracy objectives you'll probably run into the issue of repeating ones down the line in the future. nevertheless here's some I have that would be cool I think

- Pose as a team of NanoTrasen inspectors and make an example out of anyone you deem incompetent/too competent at their job.
- Turn as much of the station as you can into [material], including anyone who gets in your way.
- Remind the crew of their own mortality by stockpiling as many of their organs as you can.
- Dispose of and impersonate the employees of an entire department.
- Turn Command against each other for petty reasons.
(02-17-2022, 02:57 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: - Pose as a team of NanoTrasen inspectors and make an example out of anyone you deem incompetent/too competent at their job.
- Turn as much of the station as you can into [material], including anyone who gets in your way.
- Dispose of and impersonate the employees of an entire department.
- Turn Command against each other for petty reasons.

I like those, will include them. What kind of materials should it pull from though, there aren't too many common ones other than glass, gold or water maybe? I could set it up to pull from matsci lists, but "turn the station into pharosium" etc. is just kinda "go take over mining" and requires a decent amount of matsci knowledge (which many people never touch).
I mean hey mining's already one of the more overlooked departments on rp I don't think they'd mind having more opportunities to interact with antags
Have updated the PR to include a lot more materials