Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Smoke Effects
You can't just hover your mouse over the smoke to see what kind it is, so you don't know to stay away from it very easily. Can this be changed??
Man, if I see smoke I'm getting the hell away, no matter what kind of smoke it is! Doubly so if it's a weird color.
Klayboxx Wrote:You can't just hover your mouse over the smoke to see what kind it is, so you don't know to stay away from it very easily. Can this be changed??
No don't change this it's way better.
I just want the fire icon to revert, the new smoke is better because how the hell would you know what smoke is?
But the fire... it just looks like a neon light.
The new smoke is awful. For one, unlike almost everything else in the game, it doesn't react visually with the environment at all.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Man, if I see smoke I'm getting the hell away, no matter what kind of smoke it is! Doubly so if it's a weird color.

Sarin smoke looks like fire smoke Cripes
bad opinions . txt
AKA Klayboxx.txt
no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no.
We don't need any more lag inducing special effects.
Cogwerks Wrote:bad opinions . txt
What kind of nerd puts spaces in their file names?
oh fuck no!
The true badness of newsmoke comes from the fact that by the time you see it you are either dosed up already or completely safe. It's very possible to charge through that mean-looking cloud in the hallway and you won't get a drop of it in you.
The other true badness (which may or may not have been fixed since I tested it) is that it no longer applies 5u of whatever to everyone in range, putting it a couple of units below the lethal limit for sarin. mad
I dig the new smoke. A little off topic but.. I love the new lighting effects too, the segway siren makes segways totally useful in the strange way.
We should be fully utilizing the new stuff we can do on byond. I'd love to see the explosion rejigged, maybe shaking the screen and doing that flip thing similar to the wizard spell.
roll eyes (sarcastic)
Cogwerks Wrote:bad opinions . txt

I like the effect I just want the hover to tell you what the smoke is frown

Captain_Bravo Wrote:AKA Klayboxx.txt

QQ

VictorMAngoStein Wrote:no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no.
We don't need any more lag inducing special effects.

What? That's not what this thread is about.
also you can still examine the smoke to see what kind it is
I have to agree with klayboxx on this one. I can't tell what the new smoke effects and it does not fit well with the graphic style.