Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Smoke Effects
A thing I also noticed about the smoke is that despite the graphic showing the smoke slowly spreading, it seems to just instantly fill the space the graphic will eventually expand to. This makes it pretty misleading when you are avoiding a smoke reaction and never touch the smoke but still get its effects.
Klayboxx Wrote:A thing I also noticed about the smoke is that despite the graphic showing the smoke slowly spreading, it seems to just instantly fill the space the graphic will eventually expand to. This makes it pretty misleading when you are avoiding a smoke reaction and never touch the smoke but still get its effects.

Well oh *my*. Since smoke is just about useless right now, I'm sure that 0.12 units of reagent you acquire this way won't outright murder you.
Marquesas Wrote:
Klayboxx Wrote:A thing I also noticed about the smoke is that despite the graphic showing the smoke slowly spreading, it seems to just instantly fill the space the graphic will eventually expand to. This makes it pretty misleading when you are avoiding a smoke reaction and never touch the smoke but still get its effects.

Well oh *my*. Since smoke is just about useless right now, I'm sure that 0.12 units of reagent you acquire this way won't outright murder you.

Yeah since smoke is broken FUCK fixing it!!
Smoke is still pretty murderous. If there are issues...

A lot of reagents do not transfer to a mob at all using smoke: stable mutagen, stabilizing agent, clf3 (clf3 will set a mob on fire, but it won't be transferred inside a mob), and a long list of others. Most base reagents (actually, I think all) will transfer, although some in a greater ratio then others for the same quantity.
This broke a few cool smoke tricks.

You can still murder a dude in a gasmask with napalm or sarin smoke, but many less harmful chemicals won't transfer at all. Fluorosulfuric acid in the smoke won't melt masks, and using *other stuff* will remove the mask but not transfer any other chemicals in the same beaker, you have to use two.
Basically some easy to whip up reagents are way more powerful than more complicated chemicals.
I think acid smoke can melt masks, you just need significantly more than splashing it.