Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
blacklist radioactive from mildly mutated
It hurts everyone around you, not just you.  Hell, just had a round where a roach person spawned with it and went around mutating and hurting everyone with no ill effects whatsoever.
Yeah might not be a bad idea.
This'd be annoying to check for, because you would need to also check if it has the booster gene that activates all your genes and also radioactivity.
I would hate to just blacklist the booster gene, but I guess it would be possible to check for radioactivity in the potential anywhere and remove it after the activation is done.
blacklist the booster gene then, it's "mildly mutated" not "completely mutated"
That is literally what I said I do not want to happen, I enjoy rarely getting the booster gene myself, it is funny.
how about instead of blacklisting radioactive from mildly mutated we remove radioactive from the game
(02-13-2022, 03:34 PM)Lady Birb Wrote: how about instead of blacklisting radioactive from mildly mutated we remove radioactive from the game

TBH I've only seen it used by tiders, geneticists who don't know what they're doing, and antags. Removal would be good
I'm against the removal of radioactive - it is part of what makes radstorms catastrophic, with some of the dead corpses becoming beacons of radioactivity.
Yeah hard disagree on radioactive removal from the game, as far as the blacklist from mildly mutated that is a bit more acceptable.
My personal experience with having mildly mutated and getting radioactive kinda sucks, if im lucky i spawn near medbay so i can run to genetics, hope i can get mutadone quickly enough, then spend a minute or two in a cryotube in the best case. worst case i get some other shitty mutation or i cant get the mutation removed quickly enough and i have to get cloned, this isnt even including people aroud me who get irradiated, overall a waste of time for me and everyone around me. i support removing it from midly mutated.
in the contrary, whitelist the owo mutation and its variants while we are at it

measly 1 percent chance to mutate into