Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It needs to be harder to escape being absorbed by the blob
I had a round last night as blob where I would almost absorb someone and they would escape last second. It should be impossible to escape absorbtion by yourself past a certain absorbtion threshold, I'd say 40-50%.

Another idea I had was if you manage to slide out you lose a limb or something
Not sure about whether this needs to be buffed or not but surrounding the tile with the spaceperson with other blob tiles and then repair them as they get damaged tends to be a pretty good tactic for this.
Can't repair blob tiles that have been recently damaged anymore.
I strongly suggest putting a few more points into blob melee, and using shift+click and ctrl+click on the spread and attack buttons respectively.

It sounds cheesey but with a few points into melee you can smack people around and surround them, ideally slapping a thick membrane tile on top of which ever tile they start breaking to try and escape being surrounded and absorbed.
I do like the idea of ripping yourself outta the blob but your arm or leg gets absorbed by the blob.
TBH I think blob absorption should be slightly more traumatic. As is it's more or less "aha owie oh no that tickles" for five seconds and then you turn into a fucking skeleton as your flesh is literally rent from your bones at mach 15.

Maybe at the 70-80% mark you start loosing organs/ limbs (lung and stomach damage from the blob eating you from inside out?) and begin accumulating damage that leads up to the lethal skeletonization, so that way it's a less dramatic change whilst also not super crippling for the player