Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Changeling arm brainstorming
Hey folks, after escaping matsci hell, I want to improve QOL with lings. I want your opinion on different/new changeling arms to transform/revert your arms into other than the claw and tentacle. What do you think would be cool or fun to use?

So far I've thought up two:

- A flesh whip that does massive bleed and decent stamina, but like three brute and uses the spear thrust. Will probably make a distinct sounds.

-A club-like arm that's expensive and incredibly slow, but does more damage against airlocks and windows. It'll make you look like the L4D charger and probably knock down people you hit with it.
shield/armored arm that has barrier power and can reflect things naturally similar to c-saber?
+ Arm with prongs that deals small brute/blood but also randomly damages a single organ per strike (including eyes)
+ Flower shaped appendage that shoots poisonous barbs (chem on hit, embed, cooldown like critter hand projectiles)

The arm suggestions make me think it would be cool if detached hands could jump onto people's faces with an aimed ability and do damage (like wendigo or spider critter) or attach onto a corpse's face and use a charge bar to feed or something. It'd be like what little spiders do but instead of growing bigger, maybe they get some other benefit? It would totally give off Alien face hugger vibes though which is rad as hell.
to prevent changelings suffering from loot piñata syndrome if they get new arms added; make it so if a non-changeling puts on an arm taken from a changeling they get mindslaved if the changeling is still alive or slowly get taken over like a headspider if the changeling is dead.
Multi-Handed arm. Gets additional hands for holding stuff.

Proboscis arm. Absorbs faster, unable to hold things
Utility arm. Hand becomes a omnitool with electric insulation.
Stretchy arm that can attack from multiple tiles away, a la Akira.
The stretchy arm also lets you slap people from a distance.
Or give incredible high fives!!
matsci arm that absorbs and integrates minerals within its flesh matrix
organic seedpod for planting flesh seeds in your meat garden
parasitic eel limb that detaches on the first thing you grab & mindlessly punches it
the arm of a previous victim so you can nick their fingerprints or use lawbringer - 1000 bonus points if you mimic the appearance of a mutant race arm
an autonomous arm the control of which is surrendered to the hive mind
the rock-it launcher, but original somehow
a living hive arm that shoots swarms of flesh hornets
ling legs - at the cost of super obvious sprites, dna, cooldown and overriding your current shoes toggle no slip, mag boots or quick move
These are all amazing ideas but so much as thinking about how to code them grayed my hairs and nearly gave me a heart attack

Maybe had reversible/irriversable arms where the more powerful ones were permanent installments, a la kudzu whip