Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stable mutagen sting
Changelings who have absorbed a lot of DNA (at least enough to enter abominate form) should be able to inject victims with stable mutagen. You would be able to turn your victims into anyone you have already absorbed.

Imagine Jebediah Flarearms is a changeling. After racking up a decent bodycount he accidentally spits acid in public. While comms erupts with "Jebediah is ling!1!" he ambushes an Dotty Spud in a maintenance hall, blinds her with acid spit (so she can't see who jebediah transforms into), and stings her with stable mutagen. Then Jebediah strips naked and shapeshifts while the Dotty (who now looks like jebediah) is beaten to death and gibbed.
I like this sting idea! It sounds like a fun way for changelings to cause more paranoia and chaos.

one thing I was thinking of : what happens if you sting someone with this while in abomination/monkey form?
You would be able to transform your victim into anyone of your choosing (that you absorbed) not just a copy of your current form.

Actually, I'd also like to see changelings get the power to drink/absorb any nonflammable reagent and sting people with it. Bonus if they can also do hobo chemistry inside their bodies, including temperature control and chemical analysis (so you'll know before hand that your stinger is carrying bath salts or that amanita thing)
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:You would be able to transform your victim into anyone of your choosing (that you absorbed) not just a copy of your current form.

Actually, I'd also like to see changelings get the power to drink/absorb any nonflammable reagent and sting people with it. Bonus if they can also do hobo chemistry inside their bodies, including temperature control and chemical analysis (so you'll know before hand that your stinger is carrying bath salts or that amanita thing)

I can think of so many ways this is a terriblewonderful idea. I, for one, would get up to such chemistry grief with my invisible sleepypen I would probably forget everything about snacking and just get everyone loaded on catdrugs (and/or amanitin, depending on the mood).
Problem with the transform sting is meta. TG has it and it ends with everyone knowing that a ling did it. So to counter the "the guy who stood next to me alone in a room did it", have the sting give no alert to the victim and then have the transformation take effect in 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Spy_Guy Wrote:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:You would be able to transform your victim into anyone of your choosing (that you absorbed) not just a copy of your current form.

I can think of so many ways this is a terriblewonderful idea. I, for one, would get up to such chemistry grief with my invisible sleepypen I would probably forget everything about snacking and just get everyone loaded on catdrugs (and/or amanitin, depending on the mood).

That's why you'd have to eat a bunch of people first

Ali0en Wrote:Problem with the transform sting is meta. TG has it and it ends with everyone knowing that a ling did it. So to counter the "the guy who stood next to me alone in a room did it", have the sting give no alert to the victim and then have the transformation take effect in 30 seconds to 1 minute.

I thought the stings already gave no alert. Also I actually think delaying the transformation might nerf it because if anyone sees your victim transform they'll probably assume he got stung...or that he's a really dumb changeling, probably needs to be tested.

I realize you said nonflammable reagents but I still think some amazing things could happen with this given that fire is a changeling's one great weakness.
The Droid Wrote:

I realize you said nonflammable reagents but I still think some amazing things could happen with this given that fire is a changeling's one great weakness.

That's exactly what I had in mind. Drink chlorine and too much fluorine and FWOOOOOOOM!
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:
The Droid Wrote:

That's exactly what I had in mind. Drink chlorine and too much fluorine and FWOOOOOOOM!

...That... That would be amazing.