Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Security addition: Staff Assistant Jumpsuit/Radio printer for quick demotions.
Many times as HoS I've found myself bumbling to demote some fool, not wanting to leave them naked and radioless in the halls but absolutely not wanting to leave them in the Captain's outfit and headset. I'd like it if I didn't have to lug them around as I scrounged for the locations of personal lockers for things like these two.
Yeah, the radios with only the one frequency are so hard to come by, I can find more multi-frequency ones then just one tuned to the common channel and nothing else. Maybe a headset can be added to the HoP's uniform fabricator?
While I disagree with sec having this instead of the HoP, The radio printer is an A+ idea

Oshan has a crate with a few extra radios but that’s pretty much it.
I remember a while back there was a suggestion to add headsets to the uniform manufacturers, iirc most people seemed to be in favor of that (I certainly was). I agree with the other posts saying this would be better as a HoP thing, not really convinced sec needs or should have this. HoS could just use the HoP's office manufacturer, they got the access.

Even beyond the "quick demotion" stuff in the OP, the reason I'd want it is because I've seen new players showing up to the hop desk functionally naked after being cloned from a record before their body is recovered. Being able to just give them a standard headset along with their new ID, either permanently if they're a staffie or temporarily until they get back to their department, is really only a benefit.
Every department has boxes with all the starting equipment for that role (radio, jumpsuit, backpack etc). All except staff assistant. Maybe just put a few boxes in the staff quarters to compromise.
New lawbringer mode - DEMOTE
Have the riot launcher accept uniforms like a T Shirt cannon
(02-01-2022, 05:25 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Have the riot launcher accept uniforms like a T Shirt cannon

This ^. And also I like the idea of being able to print out new radios.
I think just a crate of staff assistant uniforms, general headsets, and "DEMOTED" staff assistant cards would be good enough

also give HoS a t shirt cannon lawbringer setting
What about a demotion grenade that gives you new id, staffie suit and headset at the same time. 2 or 3 in armory, 1 in captain's locker and 1 in head of personnel's locker.
(02-08-2022, 04:10 PM)According_tome Wrote: What about a demotion grenade that gives you new id, staffie suit and headset at the same time. 2 or 3 in armory, 1 in captain's locker and 1 in head of personnel's locker.

your rarely, if ever going to need something like this in an AOE effect, 

demotions mostly go to self antags and the like and most players don't self antag to the point of demotion.
An easily accessible demotion grenade is a trolls dream. Spawn as captain acquire grenades demote the hop and hos.
That being said as hop traitor item it could be fun.
(02-08-2022, 11:23 PM)Mrprogamer96 Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 04:10 PM)According_tome Wrote: What about a demotion grenade that gives you new id, staffie suit and headset at the same time. 2 or 3 in armory, 1 in captain's locker and 1 in head of personnel's locker.

your rarely, if ever going to need something like this in an AOE effect, 

demotions mostly go to self antags and the like and most players don't self antag to the point of demotion.

litterly cargonia or botania..
That's what the incendiary nades in the armory are for.
(02-09-2022, 04:38 PM)Mouse Wrote: That's what the incendiary nades in the armory are for.

I do not get the joke