Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Nerfs the departure time reduction on emagged shuttles
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[input][feature][balance]

about
This PR adds code which only allows a shuttle's console to be emagged once, and a check on how much time is remaining. If there are more than 90 seconds on the clock, it will set the shuttle's timer to 30 seconds, and if there are less than 90 seconds, it will reduce it to 10. I have the logic set up so that, at minimum, a traitor will have to wait 30 seconds between the shuttle's arrival and departure.

why it's needed
In my opinion, being able to emag the shuttle's console and send it whisking away in ten seconds (a little less, since the shuttle clock seems to be always 3 seconds early for countdowns), is a little over powered. I may change it to be more favorable to the traitor, but in my opinion, giving the crew a little more time to actually get on the shuttle provided the traitor has done nothing to stop them aside from buy an emag is fairer

changelog
Code:
changelog
(u)NightmareChamillian
Code:
(*)Emagging the shuttle console has been changed from setting departure to 10 seconds to setting it to 30

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I mean I dunno. Its not really over powered because its just the shuttle? All that happens is some people don't make it to centcom. Emagging the shuttle has always just been a HAHA GET LEFT BEHIND thing or someone does it for their traitor objective. Maybe I'm just part of the old mindset of SS13 player that finishing objectives or getting to centcom doesnt really matter that much to me.
I'd also say this isn't really needed. Emagging shuttles can be annoying but doesn't have much of an effect on the actual round and traitors already have a pretty hard time hijacking. An emag would a lot of the time just prevent a wormhole throw rampage on the entire crew and reduce the casualties.
nah, it's fine.
(01-26-2022, 01:43 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: I mean I dunno. Its not really over powered because its just the shuttle? All that happens is some people don't make it to centcom. Emagging the shuttle has always just been a HAHA GET LEFT BEHIND thing or someone does it for their traitor objective. Maybe I'm just part of the old mindset of SS13 player that finishing objectives or getting to centcom doesnt really matter that much to me.

This and even with 10 seconds there's usually a huge mob already waiting at escape when the shuttle arrives who will get in, making it even harder to get the "escape alone" objective if somebody really wants it. Emag is pretty much the only way to get that, unless you go specifically to a lower pop server to get it and even then it's going to be markedly harder if the time is upped.