Mentor application - Bilo (Sirka Greenest)
Usual character name: Sirka Greenest, TECHNE III
BYOND username: Bilo216
Discord username: Carlangas#5510
Recommended by: aloe
Goon servers you play: Morty and Sylvester

Reason for application + game experience:

I have been playing for quite some months now, and it has honestly become a game that I enjoy more than I thought I would, thanks to both the variety of things to do, and to the amazing community and friends I made. Applying for mentorship is something that has been on my mind for quite a while now, but I was never sure since I still lack knowledge on some departments. However, after a little push and some consideration on my part, here I am! I always try to maintain a positive attitude both in-game and out of it, and enjoy showing people and newcomers how to get around and survive while getting their jobs done. I do remember being there, and how kind people were when teaching me the ropes, so I like giving some of that back to people. This game can be a bit overwhelming at first glance for some folk, like it was for me, so I know very well how a helping hand can make a difference.

That being said, I would say that the area I got more experience with is medbay-related jobs, where I spent most part of my play-time: from doctoring, surgery, medicine making, to robotics and genetics. I also had my fair share on civilians jobs, especially as a janitor and botanist, alongside mining and money-making as a QM. When it comes to some aspects of the science department, my knowledge it's still at the surface, but I am currently trying to expand on it a bit. I am also pretty confident in my experience as a cyborg and AI, and I have found myself many times teaching new-cyborg players how to properly use and change their equipment, as well as the importance of the AI laws, both as a roboticist and as a silicon myself.

Be it experienced people trying out new departments or new players starting out the game, I try to help them get the hang of it, and make sure they know they can rely on me if they have any other doubts. I believe that as a mentor, it would only help me be able to do more of that in a more efficient manner. I enjoy helping folk a lot, and it's something I will continue doing, with a purple name or not. So why not try this out? I still have a lot of growth and learning to do (praise the wiki), but I also believe I have a good amount of knowledge on my back, and I am always more than happy to share it.

Previous bans: None

Messages In This Thread
Mentor application - Bilo (Sirka Greenest) - by Bilo216 - 01-24-2022, 07:21 PM