Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making the Hallucinogenic Sting somewhat useful.
So I had a thought about making the changeling's hallucinogenic sting a little bit useful without being anything much. What if the LSD was replaced with space drugs? It would make pulling your lunch away a real pain and would still have the same color effect, the addiction might be a little much though.
I think your missing the point. The stings are to screw up the target so the changeling can get them or run away. Nerfing the sting is counterproductive
Preid Wrote:I think your missing the point. The stings are to screw up the target so the changeling can get them or run away. Nerfing the sting is counterproductive
I think he's suggesting an upgrade, not a nerf?

Right now, all the hallucinogenic Sting does is make fancy lights and some fake mobs appear, but it doesn't actively screw with you all that much and doesn't really impede the target at all. He's suggesting we replace the LSD reagent with the Space Drugs reagent, which has a similar effect but, i believe, also has a high addictiveness and some movement-stumbling?

I suggest we go even further and replace it with bath salts; a bit of a double-edged sword that totally fucks up the target but also makes them more stun resistant. Definitely would be a fun sting to go around stealthily injecting people with if only to fill the station with raving, lunatic, tramp-bearded, overdosed, hallucinating, and screaming assistants.
Bath Salts is a bit much. I think given that Cogs was thinking of redoing Psiloscibin, and that it generates fake gunshot reports, fake enemies attacking you, yet IIRC no super-obvious-halucination-glow effects, it'd be a nice ballance. It's also addictive as shit so it'd be a good ballance between stealth and misdirection, rather than overt damage like Bath Salts.
Why not have hallucinations randomly stun and mess with the UI as well.

e.g the heat, suffocation, and radiation indicators randomly change, the health indicator reads random results (e.g dead when the person is clearly alive, or in crit/yellow/red/etc).
e.g They start seeing blood drip under themselves, as if they've been shot.
Just things to convince the person that something "else" is wrong, not just hallucinating, or make them ignore current problems so they are easier changeling bait.
Honestly, it should be a bit more subtle. Instead of having monsters start coming at you out of the woodwork and all. There should be a chance that the player actually believes the hallucinations.