Complaint Name: jan.antilles; Server: Goon 3; date: 2022-01-22
Admin: jan.antilles
Server: Goon 3
Date + time: 2022-01-22 probably around 16:00CST, plus or minus two hours.
Synopsis: I requested help with a topic, which was resolved before the admin responded. I asked for advice, and was demeaned and threatened.
Logs: BYOND client does not make it easy to save logs.

Extra Information:

I contacted adminhelp after being imprisoned by security indefinitely without charge. This resolved before the admin responded.

Later, once jan.antilles had responded, I asked for advice regarding what to do in this situation. I explained that I have come to fear security officers due to repeated griefing and sadism from them, leading to a lot of really bad interactions. They tend to ruin about a third of my non-antag rounds.

jan.antilles refused to believe that my explanation of "sadism" could refer to something non-sexual. They ignored my statements about receiving verbal abuse from security officers (although a different admin did interject once there, so thank you for that).

At the end of the conversation, I asked if jan.antilles understood that I was afraid of security officers, because of repeated negative interactions with malicious security. jan.antilles refused to understand, and responded by threatening to ban me for being impolite to security.

I waive any privilege of privacy to any logs involved in this.
Hello. I will be answering your complaint.

Here is an example of what i presume to be a typical exchange between you and a security officer, who had started their assigned rp task of doing basic rounds of the station.

[Image: unknown.png]

In other words, you escalated a simple greeting into not only adminhelping a person you (hopefully) understood to be innocent of any wrongdoing with respect to the rules, but also calling another player a pejorative term reserved for real life police officers.

Our fellow players are not real life police officers. Security is not the police. This is not an appropriate roleplay scenario for you to engage in on this server.

If I had caught this behavior from you at the time, you would have been severely reprimanded. If this is how you treat your fellow players, then their hostility towards you is not only understandable, but justified. It would have been appropriate for Ian to report this behavior to us.

Now, onto the subject of your actual complaint.

Here is your first correspondence with Jan regarding the matter of your complaint:

And here is the last:

Note the timestamps. Your correspondence with Jan, in which you repeatedly misrepresented the nature of your engagement with security players, refused to budge even slightly on your toxicity towards them, and denied any understanding as to why security might have had a legitimate reason to arrest you when you set off a bomb in the fitness room as a non antagonist ...

... lasted an entire hour.

In the end, you seem to show no remorse, no empathy, and very little prospects for improvement.

It is my official opinion regarding this matter that the only mistake made here was when Jan decided to waste so much of her time on you instead of just banning you outright. Instead of complaining, you should appreciate the undue patience you've been shown and seriously reflect on your actions tonight. Let's hope that we don't have to have this conversation again.
Can you please send me the entire log with Jan?

I would also like to clarify that the bomb was part of a permitted duel. It was far less severe than the previous fight in the boxing ring, which involved the same adversary (Terry) detonating a sarin gas bomb, forcing their opponent to drink sarin, and using lethal security weapons. Before that, I had asked Terry over radio whether "fighting dirt" would be allowed in this series of duels, and the response was "maybe".

Nobody outside the ring was injured by any of my actions. Everyone in the ring had consented to the risk of death in the ring.

Can I get clarification, UrsulaMejor, do you consider it a bannable offense to respond to "nerd" with "pig"?

I strongly resent and contest your accusation that I have misrepresented any interaction with security. I strongly contest that I have presented a toxic attitude.

I strongly disagree that the interaction with Ian Loch is a demonstration of me escalating.

Quote:how goes it nerd people?

Them, opening with an insult, beginning with toxicity.

Quote:I invoke the right to remain silent

Me, attempting to de-escalate.

Quote:Do you have a search warrant?

Me, attepmting to withdraw, and end a toxic interaction.

Quote:This is space, and you have no rights

Them, being inflamatory, and indisputably power-tripping, so I can't understand why you are upset that I reported it.

Quote:but I'm just here to say hello

Them, finally arriving at a neutral greeting

Quote:and remind you not to explode

Them, going back to insulting

Quote:nerd

more insulting

Quote:pig

an insult, comparable to what was offered.

I strongly disagree with your accusation of escalation.
Quote:I strongly resent and contest your accusation that I have misrepresented any interaction with security. I strongly contest that I have presented a toxic attitude.

I strongly disagree that the interaction with Ian Loch is a demonstration of me escalating.

Noted.

Your complaint has been answered. I'll be closing the thread now, as I have no interest in rehashing this with you for yet another hour.