Jugg (Jack Cromwell / Sebastian Uriel) - Head of Security Application
Usual character name: Sebastian Uriel / Jack Cromwell
BYOND username: Juggernaut2442
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Jugg#2254
Recommended by (if applicable): MDIPurple, Blahowsky, Telareti, Waffleloffe
Goon servers you play: RP3 - Morty and RP4 - Sylvester

Reason for application:
Security Officer is a job with quite a lot of responsibility and authority, which means they could end up dictating how shifts go most of the time. Security members’ jobs should be to allow and enhance player interactions, open up RP opportunities for crew members, antagonists and fellow security members, teach and be examples to new members of Security, manage escalations and de-escalations etc. However, things do not always go so smoothly; a security team may start crumbling under pressure, antagonists and crew may start getting treated poorly, new players may be left hanging and the shift may start derailing overall. That is when the presence of a Head of Security makes a difference.

A Head of Security is a person that can be trusted, that is looked up to and is a person that is capable of leading a team. They are there to put the security team back on their feet, to lead amidst chaos and stress and to help whenever and wherever they are needed. I have got a long way to go, but I’d like to take a shot at trying to be that person.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
During my time as a security player, I have had quite a bit of ups and downs. I have sometimes put in an unhealthy amount of shifts in a day just to observe, try, learn and be better. It’s been mostly trial and error. Sometimes I ended up taking it too seriously and sometimes I ended up not taking it seriously enough. I’ve made bad and good decisions. I have also made a ton of mistakes. However, I’d like to think I learnt from these experiences and came out as a better player, and I have tried teaching new members of security what I have learnt as well.

As I improved on the fundamentals and became more experienced, I started focusing on certain things. Currently; organization, communication, fairness and teamwork are of top priority to me. I’d like to go over each one:

1- Organization
An organized security team will have no issue finding the equipment they need, which saves a lot of time. Time saved on that means there’ll be more time to spend on your duties. Depending on the station, I usually spend around 3 to 10 minutes organizing equipment such as authorization disks and pinpointers.
I also try to note down events that happen so that I get a rough idea of a timeline of events, which help with arrests, communication and fairness.
The downside to this is the time it actually takes to organize things, but they are easy to drop and come back to if I am needed elsewhere.

2- Communication
This is one of the most important points, as the difference between a team that communicates and that does not is like night and day. Knowing when stuff is happening, where it is happening and who may or may not be involved is really important. With a lack of communication, a lot of confusion starts happening, such as records not being updated and people being punished for their crimes multiple times.
This is not limited to your own security team, however. Communicating with other crew members and antagonists is as important as keeping in touch with your team.
I try to take and share notes, see how my team is doing and try to give situation reports to security members that may have just joined or that may have been confused about stuff that have been happening. This helps a lot with organization, fairness and teamwork as I get to take notes, learn how someone is being punished for which crimes and try to work as a team to overcome any issues that we may face.

3- Fairness
No one likes being treated badly, we are all trying to have a good time playing a game after all. This is when fairness comes into play, misjudging situations and punishing people too roughly is not a good thing to do. Not every scuffle needs to end with an arrest and not every arrest needs to be demeaning or hurtful to the person being arrested. In my experience, talking is the best way of going about things, then any issues the person may have had, is heard and can be solved.
Antagonists take priority, especially ones that want to RP. Just putting them in the brig then being done with them, or executing them after one offense is not fun for any side. Some of the most enjoyable moments for me were catching a murderous, rampaging antagonist and sitting down with them, talking to them and opening up some great RP opportunities.
Going for an arrest in situations where a simple talk or a ticket would suffice is also extremely unfun. People should not be cut out of things they were doing for causing minor inconveniences, which are sometimes just mistakes.
I try to be on the lighter side of things when it comes to punishments and sentencing. Long brig timers for anything minor does not seem fair to me. I am also not a big fan of executions, unless they are in the realms of RP or the person being executed has multiple offenses of one crime, being an extreme nuisance or clearly breaking the rules.
I have had some issues with the fairness topic and I am still trying to find a sweet spot of how things should be handled.

4- Teamwork
A team working together, trying to make the situations better and trying to help the crew is a successful team in my eyes, whether they succeed in taking down antagonists or not does not matter.
When the team is working together, the stress and the responsibility of situations that need to be handled get lighter. One person trying to handle all things all by themselves and not relaying what they are doing will end up being stressed themselves and will end up causing issues amongst the team. The team itself not working together will also cause similar issues. All of the team responding to one small call is a big example of this. It may be unfair to the antagonist that the call was made for and all officers being occupied with one thing may cause issues to be unattended. I’ll usually ask if someone is going to the call before going myself, and I’ll report that I am going or that I am there before initiating anything. I’ll also try to relay any information I have to the team, important or not. This helps with communication and fairness, as the team is required to communicate if they want to work in harmony, and they have to be all on board with the punishments.

It doesn’t all end in these topics however. There are a lot more things to learn and improve on, and trying to keep a balance of all things is a challenging task. I’ll try my best to be a better player as I experience more and more things.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
Do not let previous negative experiences affect how you play in a bad way. It may be hard to keep it cool when you have unfortunate events happening one after another, where you are shut down without much you can do. However if you let this get to you, you may end up in a mindset of “I can not do much talking, I’ll just arrest everyone involved and move on”. Listen to all sides, try to be fair and just. No one likes being treated poorly over mistakes, stuff they have not done and stuff that may have been misunderstood. Talking is your strongest tool and your strongest weapon.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
I have had a lot of great interactions while playing as a security officer or interacting with security officers, so I can not really think of favorite moments but if I were to talk about a couple…

The shift where the security brig and visitors room on Cogmap1 were turned into a bakery with the security crew cooking and serving the customers. It was also the shift I learnt the culinary art of Cook-Fu in. We also had a lemonade stand in front of the bakery, it lead to some great interactions between the crew and the security team.

And the shift where me and an another officer were assigned to an off-station prison with someone leading us. We only had one constant prisoner, who started to cook for us since none of us could really cook well. We’d go over to the station if things got messy and try to help with criminal issues. But mostly, we just sat around in the off-station prison and chilled.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
Simply, a handbook for security assistants explaining the basics of each and every gadget, and a bit of SecMate could be nice. Nothing too fancy, as there’ll almost always be a member of security willing to help and teach, however just understanding the basics of the gadgets and some of the mechanics by reading about them real fast may speed up the process of teaching.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
When I am alone, I still report stuff over the radio and organize around for anyone that may join me. I’ll usually just go around and see how the crew is doing and if they need help with anything. If people start causing problems, I’ll try to solve them to the best of my ability, but if it comes to the point where I can not run around and solve anything all by myself, I’ll try to make a priority list for problems, then go I’ll go through this list and try to solve the problems one by one. The issue with this is that I may start taking too much time with one problem or not give one enough time and move onto the next. If it comes to it, I may ask the crew for help with certain problems. Having an AI is a massive help in situations like these too.

With a team, however, I won’t run into these problems as I will start focusing on dividing the problems while still prioritizing them. Dividing, in this case, means sharing the responsibility; interacting, communicating with my team and getting them involved in the situations. I’ll definitely be more talkative on the radio, as updates on records, details on situations etc. need to be understood by all. It is also important that no one on the team gets overwhelmed. So, asking if they are okay, checking in on them constantly and helping them with situations they’d need help with are of utmost importance as well.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
My radio is station bound,
I cannot hear any sound,
I will make my team proud,
Can I be HoS next round?
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
Dividing the security team into smaller squads of 2 or 3 people and giving them posts and patrol routes. Every team would also have their own callsigns. It might be a fun gimmick as the teams themselves would be socializing with each other and with the crew as a small group. Also the groups would respond to the calls that’s in their patrol area. The security checkpoints may see some use in this as well.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
I have been banned once, you can read about it here:
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=15089
we played roblox when  the servers died one time+1 

(cool person), but ive never played ss13 with them so only a minor +1
+1

jugg's a patient and reliable officer, knowledgeable on how to deal with lots of stuff both from a security point of view and from the perspective of what aids in good RP, open to teaching rookies, and he communicates very well with any sec team he's on. he also doesn't prioritize the people he knows over the people he doesn't, and makes an effort to interact with whoever needs him at the moment, stranger or friend alike. I personally consider this one of the most overlooked but most important traits for a good HoS on the RP servers, and I have no doubt in my mind that one Head of Security Uriel would lead both fairly and justly
Juggy boyo... well, what can I say? You're a fun and reliable person that responds really quickly, talks a lot, leads the team when there is no leader, and fights more with words than weapons. I think Jugg can be hos next round so +1.
About time you posted this app. If there was a piece of advice I could give you is to take it easy on doing security. I've seen you play an awful lot, and although now you're gonna be in a phase where playing is crucial. Just remember that quality > quantity.
+1 for sure.
Jugg stands out to me because of their amazing characters, great OOC attitude and the fact they interact with the majority of people they see. They have a great understanding of what it takes to be a sec officer on RP as they communicate well, take time for others (including new people),looks out for others, and gives antags a chance to do their thing. I think they'll do a great job at HoS.
It is always a pleasure seeing Jugg, whomever of his myriad characters he may be playing, on the Security team, he always acts level-headedly and in the interest of the round, and he is remarkably responsive over all radio channels, often reporting what he is currently doing, and asking how everyone is faring; they routinely check in on the team, and ask for roll calls, as to ensure everyone is responsive and well.

Jack C/Henry/Sebastian/Herlock/Miles/Jack S/Alexei/AllTheOtherCharacters is often the first officer to respond to a callout over the radio, and is fair when applying punishments, knowing when to use joke and minor punishments, and when to escalate to brigging or interrogation, but always acting as to allow antags a chance to RP with Security, and offering advice over the radio to others on punishments.

Geal Yakimurai (and all of your other characters) will make fine HoSes,
+1
Honkin do it. Played as sec with a few times they communicate well and are more than fair to antags. Also rp quite well too which is a big plus on rp. Easy +1
+1!!!

Jugg is a fantastic security, ive had lots of rounds with jugg, some as security and some as crew and antag, when working with jugg as security, he communicates well, organises security and makes sure everything is in order and easy to find, he also give fair punishments for different crimes. When playing as a crew or antag i always find jugg treats everyone as fairly as he can, being nice and polite to everyone! jugg often trys to rp with the antags and get as many people involved as he can to make sure everyone is having a fun experience. in stressful situations Jugg is reliable and very good at communicating and even leading security when there is no current hos, ive also seen jugg teach new officers and try and help them learn as much as he can.

+1!!!!!! I feel Jugg does his best to make sure everyone's experience is as good and positives as he can, he would make a great hos!!!
Played quite a few rounds with Jugg as a fellow officer and a few as HoS and can gladly say that I would support this. Always communicative, responsive, fair with antags and sentences when it comes to arresting/brigging. i've always enjoyed any interactions with any of his characters in the times I've seen them, and it really seems like he tried to make the round more enjoyable for everyone involved. Also seen them in situations where there is no HoS and they've always risen to help coordinate and lead security to the best of their abilities.

+1 from me
Pretty cool, communicates quite well, gives good sentences, deescalates well.

+1
I've had some security shifts with Jugg, and when I was watching him he seem to be the most hard working security officer on the station! No like seriously, he responds to calls alot, communicates with the team ALOT too! As he always have his watch on the radio and he also responds really quickly, and asks people whenever something feels wrong and such, thus I am going to definitely giving him +1, as he's the true definition of a secoff
+1.

I've always meant it when I said that you should shoot for HoS, even while we are bantering.

Jugg is the definition of a level-headed and courteous Security Officer. He takes in the account of everyone's experience when possible, and makes his best attempt to make sure that everyone will have fun. If he believes an action will make the round better for someone, or at least less frustrating, he will go out of his way to make sure it gets done.

I'm certain that you'll do great as a mediator and a leader, as well as a teacher to new Security players.
Thumbs Up 
I agree with what everyone else says +1
Jugg is a pillar. I've never once seen them overstep, cause problems, or make things less fun. I cannot recommend this application enough. +1
idk about this one, they cant make one jetpack jump in halo without falling to their death.

I guess that makes em a clown, so yeah they'd be a good hos