Jerrik Langil for Mentor/HoS
Usual Character Name: Jerrik Langil
BYOND Username: Togin
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Times Available: 7:00 pm - 4:00 am CST (GMT - 6:00) Mostly On LLJK #1

Reason for Application (300 word minimum): For Mentor, I just like helping people out. Its something I already do on occasion through out the station. Sometimes people will ask me for help, or I'll see they are struggling to figure something out and I'll go over and give them a hand. Its one of the reasons I had Medical Director on favorite for a while. Its fun to show doctors there's a lot more to it than just bandages. Plus the new Genetics System and Advanced Borgs are always something people ask about. I do believe though that figuring things out is half the fun in this game, so when it comes to secrets or advanced recipes I find hints are the best choice. I've also done something like your Mentor system before in a different game, so I kind of know what its like. For HoS I play the later shifts and there is rarely a HoS on. We have a couple now and then, but the majority of the time we don't. So I'd like to fill that role. Especially sense I've seen a lot of overly aggressive sec out there. Killing someone for flashing an e-mag around is not the right way to go. At most searching his pockets/backpack, confiscating any illegal materials, and a brief interrogation is punishment enough for that. Excessive Beatings are also something I see a lot. A few punches or kicks on a guy that pushed you down and farted on you isn't a bad thing, but beating him half to death for it is. I try even as Sec to be a voice of reason for the group. Sometimes it works, sometimes sec is just out for blood and that's when it would be nice to have the extra authority. When It all comes down to it, this is just a game and I want to have some fun, and make sure that other peoples fun doesn't get ruined too much either.

Security Experience (300 word minimum): I think my first security experience was on Donut towards the end of its life. It was on my old byond key (Kago, KagoE, KagoErnce, something like that I don't remember, which is also incidentally why I now have a different byond key). I had no clue what I was doing, but I had a guy that stuck around and taught me quite a bit about what to do... up until we both were shot that is. A little after that I stopped playing for a bit due to life, but eventually came back to mushroom station (I think this is when I made my Togin key), I did a little bit of sec on that station, but only occasionally. When I did play sec though I was terrified to screw up, so I followed the Do's and Dont's of the Sec wiki page like my life depended on it. After a while I stopped needing to have it up while I played sec. It wasnt until Cog station that I really began to play Sec a lot though. Since the beginning of Cog I've learned a lot. Now days I have my own version of those Do's and Dont's and while its pretty much the same, it makes it a lot easier for me to ensure I'm not ruining anyone else's fun without letting a traitor run free. I've played a lot of security and while I haven't always been the greatest I've reached a point now that I think I'm ready for HoS. I've played Detective a lot too, of which I really enjoy the Investigating (except for stupid gloves dead-ending my leads). I'm pretty good about figuring out whose DNA or fingerprints is on what and hunting them down for questioning if need be. I also play heads a lot, and understand that even though you may have a lot of power you shouldn't exactly use that power unless you can make the round a bit more fun with a good gimmick. I've talked a lot about a more laid back security, but sometimes you just got to throw the book at that mass murder. Preferably with a trial, though that hardly ever happens. Sometimes lethal force or long briggings are the only way and if needed I have no problem with ensuring the station's safety.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc): I really wish the General Population Cell was closer to the Security Lobby. Its a long ways back to drag prisoners and hard to watch. Plus I liked how on shroom the non-sec crew could see into it through windows. I also wish the Detective's 38 wasn't loaded at the start, so I could just grab the stun rounds and stick them in. On the plus side I'm loving the brand new Security Lobby. Its helped a lot as both detective and sec.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): The first one was great, but after that I kinda think the series went down hill.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): N/A

Anyways, Thanks for the consideration!
i played a round with you earlier today on lljk1 and let me just say you were just awful as a regular sec officer

spamming flashbangs in the brig against one guy, attempting to roast him alive and then space him, among other things
I've played with Jerrik a few times. The first time wasn't the best impression as a security officer, BUT then i realized you were a miscreant, and you did an awesome job with the check points. They were certainly real fucking annoying. The other times I've played with you as an officer, or watched you as the AI, you have seemed like a fun/competent. So, in the end, i'm gonna have to say Yes to this one.
babayetu83 I think that may have been a traitor disguised as me. Not sure what round your speaking of, but I'm pretty sure I've only ever once used flash-bangs and that was several stations ago. Regardless thanks for the input.
I'm not entirely 100% sure on this to be honest

I've read through your entire app, it seems to be not too bad but I think it'd be best if you went for Mentor first and then up to HoS; I recognize your name, but not for any particular reason, and I don't think I've ever seen you as a cop. You also don't seem to be too confident in yourself as a cop

The only actual problem I guess I have with the app is this
Quote:A few punches or kicks on a guy that pushed you down and farted on you isn't a bad thing, but beating him half to death for it is.
I'd disagree on that, it's really just best to entirely ignore shit like that; beating on someone who is being a shitto with push-farts normally just escalates. Nothing major really though!

If you play on #1 as much as you say I figured I would have seen you a bit more but maybe I'm just a tad blind so i'll keep an eye out on this and I'll get back to you on yes/no for full HoS rather than just Mentor
You can apply again, but nobody in this thread seems too convinced. No for now.