Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WIP Feature: Ramen and Udon Noodles
Posting this description of my current progress so far for feedback. Especially with the food effects, eurgh...

Ramen and Udon Noodles
This PR introduces ramen and udon noodles as recipes available to the chef. New ingredients and reagents have also been introduced which are used in said recipes.

Ingredients
Wheat noodles
The noodles which make up ramen and udon are created using a flat sheet of wheat dough. Said dough can be made using the following sequence of recipes.
  • Wheat Noodle Sheet = Dough Strip + Rolling Pin
I had the idea of also allowing one to *stomp on a dough strip to make the noodle sheets to reflect the actual noodle-making process in the real world. That involves checking emote code. Maybe later.

Soy sauce
A new reagent which comes in soy sauce bottles. Soy sauce decays into 0.5 units of salt per life cycle. 10 bottles are available from the FoodTech vendor by default, and they are the same as other condiments code-wise.

Kamaboko (Japanese fish cake)
The weird pink and white swirly-thing that comes with your bowl of udon noodles. It can be made using the following sequence of recipes.
  • Kamaboko log = Fish Paste + Processor
  • Fish Paste = Fish Fillet + Mixer
Kamaboko logs can then be sliced to create three kamaboko slices which are used in the udon noodles recipe.

Recipes
Ramen noodles
A bowl of thin wheat-based noodles in a soy-sauce broth; served with nori and a soft-boiled egg as accoutrement. Its provisional effects are currently brute healing, energised, and warmth.
  • (Uncooked) Ramen Noodles = Wheat Noodle Sheet + Processor
  • Bowl of Ramen Noodles = Ramen Noodles + Seaweed Sheet + Soy Sauce + Egg + Oven (7 seconds on high)

Udon noodles
A bowl of thick wheat-based noodles in a soy-sauce broth; served with nori and a slice of kamaboko. Its provisional effects are currently Food HP+ and warmth. It can be made with the following recipe sequence:
  • (Uncooked) Udon Noodles = Wheat Noodle Sheet + Knife
  • Bowl of Udon Noodles = Udon Noodles + Seaweed Sheet + Soy Sauce + Kamaboko Slice + Oven (7 seconds on high)
Is there a way other than food tech to acquire soy sauce. Say soybeans in a still, or reagent extractor or mixer?
(01-19-2022, 09:19 AM)DioChasek Wrote: Is there a way other than food tech to acquire soy sauce. Say soybeans in a still, or reagent extractor or mixer?

nope, that's probably going to be a future PR if anything. soybeans are already turned into milk or soybean oil, so it'll take some imagination to figure it out.
Other than the lack of replenishment on soy sauce looking good imo. Be good to see more uses for seaweed, and fish.
I mean you can just buy a refill for the machine
For the same reason I think that syrup should be able to be grown in botany. There should always be two ways to get your ingredients as a chef imo.