Merlin1230 (Bourbon Bob/Leonardo Vanbaradi) Mentor app
Usual character name: Bourbon Bob, Leonardo Vanbaradi
BYOND username: Merlin1230
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Merlin1230#6112
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: RP 3 and 4, sometimes I'll play 1

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

I dont know what to write, so I'm just gonna put something here and see how it goes!

So, I found about SS13 in august 2019, and technically goon was my first server, but it was very daunting for me so I went and checked out another server. Then in june 2020, I decided to check out this server (again technically), and well... I haven't left since! I've been here long enough to see people come and go, and see some rise to become mentors and HoSes... and even admins! Hell, even I've become a HoS! which, honestly... I didn't expect I'd ever make it this far.

And for why I'm applying... I wanna help people join this community! And I want to see other people grow and become better players, maybe even becoming mentors of their own! And I can't be ingame all the time, so having the ability to help from discord would be nice! This community means a lot to me, and I wanna give back more then I already have. I've already seen some people I've taught grow to become HoSes of their own, and well.. I wanna be able to see that guy I taught how to set up the engine learn hellburns, or that mechanic I taught the basics of mechcomp to trap me in some elaborate death trap. That sorta thing is the BEST. I absolutely love this community, and all the time I've spent in it. I want to continue spending time here, helping everyone become a better player!

In terms of game knowledge, I know quite a lot! I've played every job, and I feel I'm decently competent at all of them. I have chems memorized, I know mechcomp pretty well, considering I'm a HoS I know security well as well... I have spent WAY too much time playing this game, I have to... spread all of my experience to everyone else!

And to be transparent, this is my second mentor app. My first app got denied since no-one responded, since I wasn't well known when I posted it. Now that I've had my HoS app went through, I think people actually know me well enough to give responses, so I decided... why not! Lets give it another go!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

I once sacrificed myself for the server and got banned for 1 minute... In all seriousness, I haven't actually gotten a REAL ban. Just this one little joke ban. But... I know I'm not perfect and I have messed up before.
100% +1 knows their stuff, is welcoming, and has a good sense of humor as well. MOPSY Seal of Approval.
I've seen Merlin play most jobs at least once, and he's quite knowledgeable in all of them from what I can see. He's also quite active in the discord, willing to answer questions and help anyone that needs it.

I myself recently made HoS, and I credit Merlin a good deal in helping me get there. He took the time to provide me with much advice and training when I asked, both in character and LOOC, and once spent upwards of twenty minutes one round explaining proper escalation, use of force, and arrest procedure. He was even quite willing and welcoming to have an extended conversation over discord about some of the more finer points of security work I was having trouble with. Friendly, welcoming, and patient are great words to describe him, and it is quite obvious to me he loves this community and wishes to assist new players or those trying to grasp some of the more complicated mechanics.

Full and strong +1.
I played with Merlin quite a lot, and I got to say they are a very enjoyable player to be around. They are friendly, cordial, polite, everything that makes them a good company.

They seem to know a lot of stuff too from what I've seen, it be from the Civilian Department and also Research, and let's not forget Security because by god this is where I've learned the most from them.

They are very and I mean it, very enjoyable to be around, and it's always a treat to see them help newer folks on anything in Roleplay and LOOC. They make this little game and little community a very welcoming and enjoyable place to hang around with, and for that, it's a definite +1 for me.
+1!

Merlin is really kind and friendly in all the times I've seen them interreact with me and others, they are often patient when teaching or helping someone and they have lots of knowledge and wisdom that can help so many people! old and new alike, i have seen them teach so many people and i feel with the added mentor tools they can teach even more!, with all this in mind and their kind teaching nature, they would make a great mentor!!
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. Very positive and friendly community member, always a delight to see in-game, and knows so much about this game.+1
Merlin is one of my favorite HoSs and is all around a pretty chill dude. I can't wait to see them as Santa Bob again when the holidays roll around. +1
Merlin is a chill and reliable RPer. In general I think they set a good example for other players with their attitude and how they interact with others. I think they'd make a great mentor!
PRETTY COOL DUDE. Fun player, has a great attitude for mentoring (rarely see them lose their cool)! Seen them play a bunch of different departments so definitely knows their stuff, but really, it's the good attitude that makes me want to see you on the mentor team. I think you'd be a great welcoming presence for new players. +1
they're a cool dude. Most comonly interact with em when they're HoSing and it's never not a good time. I've seen them around in other departements aswell so i'm confident giving this a +1
Bob's got it. Always a cool player to be around both in game and on discord. Give em the purple stink. +1