Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Hot Take on Hotboxing
Hotboxing in general is not a problem. Most botanists neither get omega or deathweed, or get to quantities that cause severe server lag issues. People who complain about it without the aforementioned qualifiers listed above need to relax it’s just a game. * I have not once hotboxed the shuttle if I grow weed For shuttle I hand you paper and your weed.
Well, its more of the fact that it just happened so much, it used to be basically every round there was a hotbox in SOME public area. And its not fun to be forced to be high when I don't want it. And if I remember right it is considered grief now-a-days, but I think the hate towards hotboxing has calmed down a lot since it stopped happening every round.
Hah, hot take. smile
its an annoyance, much like lubing hallways or setting up graviton traps in public routes and stuff like that. its dumb and i hate it, but theres so many things that could be removed because they're annoying, and i don't like that idea.
(01-17-2022, 09:46 AM)DioChasek Wrote: Hotboxing in general is not a problem. Most botanists neither get omega or deathweed, or get to quantities that cause severe server lag issues. People who complain about it without the aforementioned qualifiers listed above need to relax it’s just a game. * I have not once hotboxed the shuttle if I grow weed For shuttle I hand you paper and your weed.

not anymore its not

but.. even 8 months ago, it was BAD
it used to be real bad when it wasnt as enforced as a punishable offense than it was now due to the fact that back then, it wasnt feasable to log it, although lately, thats been developed and more nerfs regarding hotboxing has been done too
botany doesnt usually have much to do to affect a round so youll find most botanists latch on to the latest cool way to fuck with the station, happened with banana melons, happened with tomato mailing, now it's hotboxing, imo if it aint death weed dont fuss (though if a coder less lazy reads this it might be worth making smoke clouds harder to heat up)
The real bad thing nowdays is when a botanist brings a satchel of seethers to the shuttle and then just leaves it on the ground, new players grab it and start tossing it around like it's nothing.
I get why people are bothered by hotboxing (thus, I've only done it as an antag), but why not grab a gas mask before the shuttle takes off if you're worried?