Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
remove the trait that gives you one arm
i have literally never seen anyone with that trait not spend all round fucking with sec while being uncuffable and able to resist out of grabs while stunned

make them cut their own damn arm off themselves if they want to be uncuffable
I see an RP player use it all the time to rp having one arm. If people are fucking with Security that much, ahelp stun and toss em in the portabrig I guess?
You can break out of grabs with one arm while stunned.
(01-15-2022, 06:38 AM)Mouse Wrote: You can break out of grabs with one arm while stunned.

This is a problem with resists, not one-arm. I literally had a HoS I fiber-wired resist out of it the other day.
If someone only has one arm just cuff their hand to to their neck instead, causing their stamina regen to be cut in half due to their neck being squeezed.
death 2 nerds
(01-15-2022, 12:17 PM)Lady Birb Wrote: If someone only has one arm just cuff their hand to to their neck instead, causing their stamina regen to be cut in half due to their neck being squeezed.
death 2 nerds

You can do this?  How?
(01-15-2022, 03:37 PM)Ion Mage Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 12:17 PM)Lady Birb Wrote: If someone only has one arm just cuff their hand to to their neck instead, causing their stamina regen to be cut in half due to their neck being squeezed.
death 2 nerds

You can do this?  How?

They are making a joke
You know another non ideal but helpful solution shackles. No one ever makes them or uses them but it can at least make the resulting chase that much more easily resolved. Edit also straight jackets.
(01-15-2022, 04:33 PM)Yellow Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 03:37 PM)Ion Mage Wrote:
death 2 nerds

You can do this?  How?

They are making a joke

Not a joke, a feature suggestion.
ive had an issue with a certain player with this honestly, while i dont agree with removing the trait, i do think that there should be a timer before you can resist out of a grab if youre one armed, or just, armed in general really

i honestly find it annoying that they can just spam z to resist grabs IMMEDIATELY and i couldnt be arsed to just beat them half to death just for them to insult me after the fact
(01-17-2022, 08:54 PM)Nihisohel Wrote: ive had an issue with a certain player with this honestly, while i dont agree with removing the trait, i do think that there should be a timer before you can resist out of a grab if youre one armed, or just, armed in general really

i honestly find it annoying that they can just spam z to resist grabs IMMEDIATELY and i couldnt be arsed to just beat them half to death just for them to insult me after the fact

Big agree, Z spamming when knocked down immediately to resist being grabbed is a really dumb mechanic, feels like an exploit or bug rather than a feature tbh.
Honestly it doesn't make sense that you can't cuff a one armed man. It makes some sense that if you are handcuffed and an arm blows off then you get uncuffed, but I imagine if I had to restrain a one armed man with cuffs, then it would be easier than a two armed man. Like I could cuff them from their arm to their ankle or from their arm to my arm.

I think I was going to add one armed man handcuffing to the game when I made that trait, but I guess I forgot...
it kind of makes sense that you can't - most cuff methods for one armed folk rely on clothing having hooks, etc. it's hard to keep both your arms apart, but it's easy to keep one arm away from your ankle.

perhaps they can't be cuffed, but aggressive grabs should just count as being cuffed for them (src.restrained can just as easily check for this condition) - what are they gonna do if you grab their wrist, flail?
Another option would be to cuff them to you so you effectively lose the use of one arm but they lose the use of their one functioning arm.
How about half cuffing: It attaches to the hand, the other end hanging, the player is still free to use their hand unless they're getting pulled or grabbed. When pulled or grabbed, it acts like they're fully handcuffed: can't move freely, can't use their hand, because whoever is pulling/grabbing holds the other end.