Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
remove the trait that gives you one arm
Yeah, this is something I'd really like to fix, but I'm not sure what the best solution is. Being one armed should not make you "immune" to being restrained with handcuffs. The problem here is with having one arm, not the trait itself (though I should have fixed the problem before making the trait, maybe I'll just remove it temporarily if I can't find a good solution soon)

I feel like TDHooligan's idea of aggressive grabs on one-armed people fully restraining em would be too debilitating to them since it can be pretty easy to land an aggressive grab. I'm partial to Haprenti's idea, but I'm worried it might requires a lot of hijinks to do code-wise because I know some of the code that handles that sort of pull/grabs/buckling stuff is old as heck. But I'll have to see. Though I still think the easiest thing to do as a stop-gap is my original idea of having the sprite just look like it's cuffed to a jumpsuit(if it exists) or ankle(if it exists), but that is kinda messy too, I don't love it.
Straight jacket code already exists apply it as what happens when you get cuffed with one arm, even makes sense to apply the slowdown since you aren’t going to be sprinting with your hand attached to your ankle.
I liked the idea of when you handcuff a one armed person you hand cuff them to your own arm. So while theyre always right next to you, you also have one less arm so it balances out.
whatif you could cuff a one armed person to a wall
(01-22-2022, 11:35 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: I feel like TDHooligan's idea of aggressive grabs on one-armed people fully restraining em would be too debilitating to them since it can be pretty easy to land an aggressive grab.

could be - as far as my experience has gone it's pretty uncommon to lose arms mid-round and the trait is used for either roleplay or giving security grief.

right now, losing a leg is already pretty much game over for any robustness with the speed decrease, but losing an arm is barely noticable or a net gain.

combine that with how the most common sources of arm removal (katana) makes it just as easy to remove the other arm, or are overwhelming enough to not need it (explosions) i don't really know if it could get that bad. the code change is pretty trivial and worth a trial imo
Adding the ability to cuff someone to you would be super cool, even if they have two arms.