Attention: All existing users will need to reset their password before being able to log in. Click here to reset. For more information on why, click here. (September 26, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lifted banned by tterc
Thread Body Format: 

Who banned you?: - tterc
Byond Key: - Sandpaperstrikesback
Discord Username: -not on the discord anymore but captain sandpaper#9657 if you feel like you gotta talk like that.
Date of Ban: - Date of appeal
Specified Reason for Ban: - Attacking lizard players with a chainsaw as the AI shell on default, laws claiming that "literally nowhere on the AI page does it say lizards are human". Well, unfortunately for you, you're wrong: https://wiki.ss13.co/Human Also, even if someone is a non-human player, they're still protected by the "Don't grief" rule. Looking at your note/ban history I'm gonna apply the ban, read the rules
Ban Length: - 3.4 days
What led to the ban?: - Give us whatever detail you can on the events leading up to the ban.
Why am I appealing?: - I feel like this was an overreaction to something that was unclear in the first place. AI is my fav role and until now there hasn't been any issue.
Which rule did you break?: - #2 don't grief apparently
Evasion Attempts: - None

Notes: So while I have now read this page and see that they were correct, during play this is not what i was being directed towards. I was being told to check the AI role. Displayed are the laws on that page I was functioning under.

While I see now that human being is a link, I did not at the time. I can't help but jumping straight to a ban is unnecessary as the page I was being told to read, and the page provided in the link are completely different and that this is just a misunderstanding of what people meant.

1.You may not injure a human being or cause one to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by human beings based on the station's chain of command, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You may always protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

addendum: While I understand that I wasn't playing the role perfectly. I feel like assuming I was doing out of spite (aka Greifing) is unfair
Keep in mind that I was not involved in anything that other players sent you over LOOC. I simply received a report, looked into the logs, then looked into your notes and figured that I'll go straight to the ban, given your history. You seemed deeply convinced that harming lizard players is okay just because "they're not human", which, as you hopefully know by now, is wrong.

And like I said, even if you're on default laws, or almost-default laws that don't allow you to harm humans, you're also bound by the "don't grief" rule. You cannot harm monkey players just because they're "non-human". They're players too, after all.

I'm gonna lift the ban, don't do that again please.