Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thoughts on ghosts affecting black holes?
Question 
So I've had this idea bouncing around in my head that wouldn't be too hard to implement,  but I want feedback on how it'd be balanced or added in a fair way. As opposed to the community thowing things at the wall and seeing what sticks to the coders, this one's me wanting suggestions from you lovely folks. Here goes:

Ghosts will be able to stand near a singularity in order for an incredibly small chance for the singularity to wander towards the ghost, if loose. The more ghosts in one direction respective to the singulo, the greater chance it'll move in that direction. This would probably have a cap in the maximum chance that it moves where the ghosts want it to.

My rationale for this is that, often times, ghosts will hang around a loose singularity for entertainment, but the singularity usually doesn't like to do much and tends to wander in circles. This is lame. Giving dead people the ability to have some form of interaction or have fun while dead is, IMO, sorely needed, and if there's a shitload of dead people AND the singularity is loose, chances are the station is already ruined as is. This gives them something to coordinate and work towards, a la twitch plays Pokemon, but the only Pokemon is a sphere of death sowing havoc on a space station. 

Beyond a cap in control over the singularity, what limits or caveats do you think would be needed for this to come true? Hell, is the idea even worth pitching at all? Let me know  what you lovely people think. 
Even if this doesn't go through, id love to see some method of getting the sing to move in a certain direction, even if that involves a costly traitor item that increases the chances for the sing to move in that direction
I’ve always had the same idea, and made a thread about it a while back to make singularity movement more aggressive, since it just does donuts around engineering and rarely will reach the hallway outside of donut3 engineering.

The idea of collective ghosts gathering around the singulo is really fun, however it might need some form of balance for singulos that get REALLY bad

Perhaps make containing singularities more easy? Or provide a spare singulo buster somewhere else in donut3? The cargo import pipe often gets destroyed by the singulo, and not enough people try to intercept it in space.
First thought, yeah this could lead to some very griefy behavior by people who decide to hop on with their friends, sabotage the singulo, and actively try to ruin a round. While yeah the odds of it happening are low overall it will happen given enough time. Not to mention since Mantas rotation removal on non RP we are down to a single station with a singularity as a power source.
(01-16-2022, 08:54 PM)DioChasek Wrote: First thought, yeah this could lead to some very griefy behavior by people who decide to hop on with their friends, sabotage the singulo, and actively try to ruin a round. While yeah the odds of it happening are low overall it will happen given enough time. Not to mention since Mantas rotation removal on non RP we are down to a single station with a singularity as a power source.

Worth noting that certain antags give ghosts an implied semi-antag status and use them as helpers (esp. wraith), usually scouting for the antag. Also that there's ghosthunting gear around and I'm pretty sure it works on players.