Attention: All existing users will need to reset their password before being able to log in. Click here to reset. For more information on why, click here. (September 26, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lifted Payuut banned by captainbravo
Who banned you?: - captainbravo
Byond Key: - Payuut
Discord Username: Khahilad#0290
Date of Ban: it doesnt say in the ban text, but im pretty sure it happened around the summer before last one, so around 1.5 years ago
Specified Reason for Ban: - metagamin with Payuut and flagrant racism. go play somewhere else please
Ban Length: - Permenant ban
What led to the ban?: - I told my brother about the game and got him into it, we played on goonstation for a bit and messed around mainly just rping and exploring. He was really new and didnt understand almost anything so i talked with him on discord and tried to guide him through it as we played together, this led to unintended metagaming wich i will take the blame for. Besides this we RP'd as two ragged gangstas, and let the N word without hard R slip a few times, we also said ligga, this is what the flagrant racism is reffering to. I never intended to be racist or hurtfull to others, i was just trying to go with the flow of my character.
Why am I appealing?: - Because i'd like to play on goon again, and experience the immersion and atmosphere it has to offer. Ive played on other servers since my ban here, and i think i know where certain words are a nono and where they are not. I wont use ligga or nigga anymore on goon, that goes without saying. And ive also played with my brother on other servers for the past year, and we havnt been banned for metagaming or any other reason since goon. We stay off Discord, and when we dont, we just talk ooc things -non game related. And again, i dont wanna justify the language i used, goonstation was not the place for it, and my bad, it wont happen again.
Which rule did you break?: - No metagaming and Bigotry.
Evasion Attempts: none

Sorry for the Dumb shit, if this goes through an appeal i will sirously avoid making the same mistakes again.

PS: my brother also got banned that day, and will likley make an appeal aswell one of these days here
Hello. It looks like you tripped over your brother's ban, since the two of you share a connection. Even if I unbanned you, leaving him banned leaves this open to happening again. Even if I stripped most of the extra details out of his ban so it wouldn't hit you, that'd probably mean he'd be able to get back in without appealing himself to explain whatever racist garbage it was I banned him for. If you hadn't been rulebreaking yourself, I might be open to swinging that one, but as-is, no.

Get him to make an appeal too and I'll consider lifting both bans.
(01-11-2022, 09:20 AM)CaptainBravo Wrote: Hello. It looks like you tripped over your brother's ban, since the two of you share a connection. Even if I unbanned you, leaving him banned leaves this open to happening again. Even if I stripped most of the extra details out of his ban so it wouldn't hit you, that'd probably mean he'd be able to get back in without appealing himself to explain whatever racist garbage it was I banned him for. If you hadn't been rulebreaking yourself, I might be open to swinging that one, but as-is, no.

Get him to make an appeal too and I'll consider lifting both bans.

Ey, will do. And makes sense considering you said i was metagaming with myself xd. Ill tell him, and about the connection. He was with his laptop over at my house that time two years ago, but we've always been living seperate, and that was an exeption. So i dont think hell ever connect with the same IP again. He is a new player though, and just has his one account. So hell be connecting and appealing here with the same account that got banned. Forwarded it to him rn.
Thumbs Up 
Who banned you?: - captainbravo                                                                                        

Byond Key: - Baurox

Discord Username: - X

Date of Ban: - About a year ago

Specified Reason for Ban: - "Metagamin with Payuut and flagrant racism. Go play somewhere else please."

Ban Length: - Permaban                                                                                                                                                                      Boogiebot

What led to the ban?: -
I just remember naturally using the N-word because we were roleplaying "gangsta's". I was new to spacestation and unfamiliar with the variety of server-cultures,
so to speak. VG-station was the first and only i played on before Goon. It's ethos is hardcore rp and with a full freedom of language. I was also playing in the same room as my brother, and he was teaching me the bare basics of the game, like inspecting things and opening bags, and smoking cigarets. But i know you guys float around the map now and this is obvious metagaming when you observe it and you have no way of knowing to which degree we are metagaming griefers or oblivious noobs.
I'm not a racist or a biggot, IC or OOC.
My love for spacestation is for the intensely immersive RP experience and the interesting and intelligent community. I see no diminished value in staying away from a couple words to play on your server - i have come to know Goon is quite cutting-edge, talking to others and watching videos.
I'm also fully aware of what meta-gaming is now, and how well-guarded proper space station servers have to be - and i am quite apt at all the basics of the game.

I solemnly promise i'll adhere to yer code and that nae feathers will be ruffled by Keel Dunder (my future character).
I kin only hope ta enrich yer station wif me presence, bein' a good fella for you'se, and never a nuisance.
Winds 'o fortune in yer sails, and thae top 'o the morrow to ya! 
                                                                                                                                               ~ Keel Dunder

Why am I appealing?: - I've gotten into SS13 more seriously in the last couple months. I enjoy the game tremendously. I'd like to experience your server again, because i'm intrigued by it's functionalities and efficiencies.

Which rule did you break?: - The Bigotry rule and the Metagaming rule                                                                                                space bear

Evasion Attempts: - X
I'll lift both of these but I expect absolutely none of any of this from the two of you moving forwards.
Aye, ill make sure to keep rereading the rules as reminder at times. Thanks for appealing!