Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
idea to make mining much better
Make the station and mining zlevels interconnected and superglue a smaller version of the mining station to the cargo bay.

By interconnected I mean that going off the map in a certain direction from the station (how about right?)
always takes you to the mining zlevel and vice versa,but going off the zlevel in any other direction takes you to the usual zlevel roulette or whatever it is right now.

benefits:
Can't get lost as a miner. If you ever get lost in the asteroid field you'll know that you can always go left,eventually hit the station and edge your way along it until you find the cargo bay.
(i've actually gotten lost as a miner before don't make fun of me). Also add some beacons and a space lighthouse so you'll know you're going the right direction.

Miners are less secluded from the rest of the station. no miner ever goes to the main station,because you have to walk for like a minute and then wait roughly sixty years until the slow as hell mining shuttle going at mach -3 arrives. Compare that to every other job who can do a full sweep of the station in a minute,while the miners haven't even gotten there in the first place. With this idea you could quickly jetpack left,fling ores and crates at the quartermasters and jetpack back to where you were.

More teamwork between QM and miners. goes without saying. Also another idea I've had is,instead of selling them stuff for credits,make the trader dudes have random requests in exchange for fun and cool stuff.
Like for example the dank frog wants 7 erebite for a rainbow toolbox. Noone really cares about credits as it is now,but everyone loves that kind of stuff.

well thats it.
Isn't getting lost as a miner the fun part?
no it's kinda dumb how you should theoretically be able to see something in the distance but since your vision is limited to a 12x12 grid you are often floating aimlessly without reference points. and when you don't have mech boots you go so sloooooooow

(admins get built in GPS trackers, we're spoiled rotten)
give mining a special GPS that can tell them if they're on the same z-level as the mining station/regular station i guess????

the big thing mining needs is a use for the rail
At the very least, can we make it possible to drift back to the main station? It's incredibly annoying when the only way back to the station is locked up tight.
Preid Wrote:At the very least, can we make it possible to drift back to the main station? It's incredibly annoying when the only way back to the station is locked up tight.

Use the button outside mining's pod bay to get inside, then grab a welding tool and a wrench and break walls until you can get on the shuttle. Problem solved.