HOS app- tavish finnegan from Blue to Red
Usual character name: Tavish Finnegan/T.A.V
BYOND username: Lucky Cobra
Discord username (if you are on our discord):N/A 
Recommended by (if applicable):N/A
Goon servers you play: GOON 1 (heisenbee)

Reason for application: want to try HOS because i always wanted to try it out bevause sec is one of my fav jobs on the game, and the sec could use more HOS on goon 1 from time to time

Security experience (300 word minimum): well my fisrt round where i was with sec was on goon 3 as a det, but after some time i moved to goon 1 since is less serius, i tried out the sec job and OH BOY i fell in love with the job as soon as i played it cause i really like to work on a team and being the main wall against the station destruction (thats a lie the clown is the real wall) and i meet lotta lads that maked playing sec a lot better for me, i always feel good while playing sec since atleast i find one pal on the team and i get to know more new faces from round to round, i feel like sec is one of the few jobs that actually takes my attention and i have fun doing it wich to me is the most important thing about a job you plan to main, of course there is bad days but those dont need to let ya down because ya cant always have happy days, but the thing is that ya need to learn from bad days and enjoy the good ones because everyone needs to keep learning things no matter how good ya are at it, those small things help to make ya more focused and do better at the job so ya need to try to keep learning every day to make a fine diamond outta coal, i always believe that ya also need to try to be a good cop and not the LOL THE CLOWN LUBED ESCAPE LETS SPACE HIM!!!. a good sec knows how harsh a punish must be, how to take control of the team and to be a nice lad by trying to give the antags a chance if they are new or havent make to much chaos or crime since after all antags and sec alike play to have a good time, and that would be no fun if a sec catches a dude with emag and just kill him for that, you as HOS must KNOW to be in a grey zone and making the team BE a team and i think i am ready to try the red beret but if i am not i PLEASE ASK to be honest on the replies, i want this to be as honest as possible so please dont try to give me a point out of kindness, i want to earn the point so i know i am ready to take the role, well thats all i gotta say and thanks for reading even if is boring or i didnt explain myself to clear

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? disks at sec,ALWAYS listen to HOS and the team, and make sure the crew is fine being by helping to clean a plasma filled hallway or by carrying dead bodies to medbay
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one) one time i got mindslaved so i stealed HOS lawbringer and went on a rampage since it was on lethal mode, i was caugth some time later but man it was fun while it lasted
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players? det with sec hud, the alert button being a color red since new players rarely notice the alert button and have a small operating room for antags with micros or macros (or mindslaved secoffs)
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer. when ya are alone ya need to give the assistants more armor and more power since ya need to have a team to try and cordinate to catch the antag, on full team ya need to stay active by talking a lot on the radio and checking the station, also work with the team in all ways ya can.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
  • A blue beret:
  • a blue beret that i like
  • i look at it with joy
  • fills me with confidence
  • a blue beret i see
  • a blue beret i have
  • this beret i love
  • for is my soul

• not the best but not the worse but nonetheless i hope ya enjoyed that little poem  a greater domestic space-bee that's gunna cause some trouble

• What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? 
  • HONK all security being clowns since it would be chaotic as fuck but oh man how funny that would be to run around and slip so an antag steal your baton while the other sec clowns slips on the way there

• Draw a picture! i hate this pc for not letting me edit pics so much, sorry but no pic :c
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): 1 on goon 3 for hitting a torpedo with a bike horn making it blow up, and 3 i think that were because of the script
Tavish Finnegan is a friendly face that's just generally a very positive influence on those around him. I think, in general, we need more HoSes who are just friendly people who aren't just concerned with getting the win. I think Tavish would be that HoS, and i know i'd enjoy being a secoff under him. +1 from me
Very nice guy, learned a lot from him, blue drip +1
Tavish is quite a good player, I can always rely on them to try to help me out in Security matters, and be polite and helpful.

Recently, I've seen them give helpful advice to new players, Label your pinpointers, leave your disk on the table, and give recommendations on loadout.

On top of that, I can rely on them to communicate and do their best to help me out when I'm Head of Security, both with mediating things and saving my corpse from the crusher.

I think Tavish would make a good Head of Security.
+1 from me, not too much to say that others haven’t but the main reason I remember their name as sec off is because I specifically saw them helping out some new staff assistants over a few rounds.
+1

Tavish is a friendly player, and although we rarely directly interact, is always friendly, communicative, and attentive to comms. There's not much I can say bad about him.
+1 Played with Tavish Finnegan in Sec a bit, I don't think we spoke to each-other much.

The Tavish I know is not akin to the one described by others in this thread--helpful, polite, nice--That's just not what I've seen from him.

The Tavish I'd observed in my time with him was an independent thinker, employed critical thinking, often questioning the authorities that be, discerning the truth from a myriad of stories presented to him--all rare qualities to be found within the ranks of Security Officers, and HoS' alike.

You might find him arguing in behalf of crew and prisoners to ensure their proper treatment, against Abusive Secoffs and members of Command.
Tavish displayed excellent leadership, communicating often on the radio, relaying orders to fellow secoffs, handling cases in spite of an HoS being present, trying his best to arrive where needed.

Moreover, His ability to talk down a situation is impressive to say the least. It's not as though He's just roleplaying--it comes naturally to him, it's who he is.
Tavish is not a violent person, he merely utilizes it as a means to an end. However when push comes to shove, Tavish often comes out on top.

I haven't observed Tavish too much. In what little I did see, it was nothing short of noteworthy.
The Tavish I knew did not appear to be Kind, polite, or nice; He was not lenient to the injustices he saw.
I have seen nothing to suggest Tavish would be incapable, incompetent, or malicious so as to disregard his petition to become an HoS.

+1. I believe Tavish shows great potential, and have seen nothing to dissuade a "Yes."
SO UH. I didn't see you had two HoS applications up, and that is my bad. I denied the old app, but this one can stay up for the current cycle. Sorry for goofing that!
oh yea no worries big grin
Good guy on and off of sec, isn't afraid to stand up against a Security Officer power tripping or teach a new security officer the ropes and is overall a good Security Officer, plus the blue drip. +1 from me
Tavish would make a good HoS, I think. They show natural leadership capabilities, communicate often with their team and (as far as I have experienced, being on the same sec team) they are considerate and helpful to others.

+1
Good officer, good teamwork, good on radio, never had a problem with them, treats antags fairly and isn't one to shoot first ask questions later.

Easy +1
Watched this spaceman grow as an officer, he knows how to cooperate with and manage a sec team and is adapted to the recent 100~ player average on goon 1. + 1 from me.
Can't really say anything that hasn't already been said, Tavish is just the kind of player you want as HoS. Hell if I knew he was making an app before I'd have let him know to put me on as a recommended

In conclusion, too blue, no style, 0 out of 11

+1
absolutely, they're pretty active and great at their job, +1