Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buff the Syndicate toxins pill
Hello,

the toxins pill is probably the most unpopular and underused of their items at the moment, basically only found as litter on the Syndicate shuttle. And to be honest, it's understandable: chems and the health system have been overhauled, but the pill still contains plain old basic toxins, just as it did in r4407. I'm not a chemistry expert, but from what I can tell, even 50 units of toxins work too slowly without being supplemented by something else and give the victim plenty of time to scream for help or limp to medbay. This kind of defeats the purpose of having it, so the pill should contain something more potent. I browsed through Cogwerk's chemfacts and noticed a couple of reagents which may be viable alternatives:

1) Curare. Less toxic, but paralyzing somebody could be nice. Eleven cycles to take effect is a long time though and the crewman can still talk, so not entirely convinced it would be a worthwhile improvement.

2) Cyanide. Decent overall with the chance to cause LOSEBREATH. Depending on RNG dice rolls, they will probably still have the opportunity to report their attacker however.

3) Coniine. Silent and very, maybe too deadly for operatives. Knock somebody out, force the pill down their throat and never worry about them again.

The idea is that stealthy operatives would actually want to keep the pill around for fun and as a somewhat feasible tool for stylish assassinations. Disguise as a greyshirt (bonus points for boxer) and go after the Captain with nothing but your fists...priceless. Again, I'm not a dedicated chemist. If you have more experience and/or have been at the receiving end of the new poisons more often, by all means feel free to share your opinion.

Kind Regards
I'm pretty sure it's a suicide pill meant to kill the operative to ignite the microbomb in case of potential capture.

With cyanide being buffed, a 50 unit cyanide pill is all that's necessary for both flavor and function.
How about Initro?
Cogwerks Wrote:How about Initro?
Enough for them to scream before their heart stops, yeah. That should do it alright.
I was always under the impression that the pill is primarily for yourself, not for enemies. But whatever!

I'd like to point out however that Syndies start with a Sleepypen, so if you put in something like Initro that would be... absolutely amazing for infiltrators.
Enjoy your new initro pills.
So it's actually useful now, thanks!